Eliminate auto targeting addons

Title.

Addons that auto and multi target players such as BG targets, healers must die, etc…

KILL these with fire, they are ruining PVP.

3 Likes

“Auto targeting” might be the wrong phrase here. That would imply them doing something that API won’t really allow addons to do, which is automatically switch the target of the player. I think what you mean is addons that generate /target macros outside of combat to be used in combat later.

3 Likes

I mean… auto attack auto targets. Ban anyone that uses auto attack!

2 Likes

I bet your main is a pali? If so then I hope the rest of the horde jumps on this asap.

Personally, I think that addons that use /target have an important place in WoW due to the naming system. WoW allows for accented characters to be used, which most keyboard users do not know how to type. Addons allow for players to treat all players equally in regards to naming.

2 Likes

Addins parse logs and make targeting choices for player.

That is automation.

1 Like

Ban addons that show loot from bosses, it takes away mystery.

4 Likes

The addons present choices, but they don’t decide upon those choices.

4 Likes

They do decide. Game wasn’t designed for choice simplification, it’s making choices for you.

1 Like

It makes a suggestion and just leaves it there. That’s not it making a choice. It making a choice would be it doing something it cannot do, such as changing the target of the player without any player input.

4 Likes

Targets that auto-scan the area and populate an arena frame are just flat out broken in classic when they specifically removed this sort of function from the game engine.

Either A: Un-nerf the API so I can just do this by default and focus frame targets with out the use these idiotic addons.

OR

B: Eliminate the possibility to multi target like this.

2 Likes

You do understand that even such simplificatation is automation.

It automatically takes 100+ choices you should make and gives you the correct one.

2 Likes

What you claimed earlier was that it was making choices. It can narrow down the targets inside the list it generates (outside of combat), but it doesn’t make the call. Addons actually making decisions appears to be what Blizzard is most concerned about, because that is what the secure action frames prevent.

If simplification is automation, then addons are automation.

3 Likes

Oh Healers Must Die, I raise a toast to you! Such fond memories.

Taking 100 choices and narrowing them down to one at humanly impossible speed is automation, yes.

1 Like

Players should have to carry packets of information to Blizzard’s servers manually. The internet is automation.

7 Likes

Who even needs that?

Really bad players and BoTs? Seriously, so easy to target who you should target in WoW.

But there is way worse stuff going on so I put this low down on the Blizz classic work order list.

Ban everything and everyone. Just delete the game imo.

2 Likes

I agree and I support you OP but… it will never happen because the average wow player is a bad gamer and they cant play without cheating.

so many trash wow gamers cant play without addons… what losers

all imho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eh you’re right, and it’s crazy just how damn dependent they really are…

I can sympathize with some addons that MOVE existing information such as the upper right corner buffs down to a more handy place… Or even graphical customization of the UI so it looks more amazing, but Addons that more or less automate a component of the game play that help you select targets, populate a target list or various other things that are not presented by the default UI…

That’s the kinda stuff that suck players depend on just so that they can get by, this is but one reason why Blizzard’s WoW has gone down hill… Automation has actually harmed the game way worse than some may think.

Take away DBM and most of these turkeys could not even clear Molten Core or LFR.

1 Like