Elemental (storm sigil) gear no longer usable at the Revival Catalyst?

What gives? I have the 385 cloth chest Vestment of Raging Tempests and I cannot use the Revival Catalyst. I sure hope this is a bug and not some change like moving the Storm Sigil gear vendor without telling anyone.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue with the chest piece as well, except the cloth version.

All the pieces I upgraded before the patch can be converted to tier, but not the chest piece I upgraded yesterday.

I’m having the same problem on my Warlock with the cloth 385 Vestment of the Raging Tempest chest. Funny thing is last night on my pally I bought and upgraded the chest plate version for him and was able to use it on the Revival catalyst to make the Tier set chest.

I’m having the same problem with the cloth chest. upgraded this week. haven’t had the problem on any other character.

I’m having the same issue, upgraded my Cloth Vestments of the Raging Tempests Chestpiece to 385 Primal Infused; then went to the catalyst to upgrade it, but it won’t let me.

Was hoping they fixed this with the latest hotfixes, but no. 385 Vestment of Raging Tempests is still not selectable for conversion at the catalyst. From what I can gather this doesn’t affect other armor types for the Storm Sigil gear.

I’d like to convert the chest piece so that I can equip different shoulders without breaking the 4-set bonus. I have a lower item level chest from LFR Vault that will work, but I’d rather not waste a Catalyst charge on that if I don’t have to.

This seems like too important a bug to ignore (especially if it’s true that it’s only affecting cloth wearers), so hopefully we hear something soon.

This seems to also be happening for the Mail chest piece. I’ve got a 359 version I bought well before 10.0.5 which I couldn’t convert last week. For the sake of testing I’m probably going to buy another version this week to see if it’s item-specific or just generally bugged for this slot. The 359 gloves I bought before the chest aren’t bugged and can be converted normally.

Interesting. I didn’t think the blue 359 pieces were convertible at the Catalyst. Only after they’ve been upgraded to 385 with Storm Sigils.

I bought the blue version last Tuesday and was unable to upgrade it to 385 right away, not until they’d fixed the bugged upgrade vendor. I’d assumed the Catalyst not seeing the piece was related to that.

Let me know what you find out from buying a new piece this week.

I am experiencing the same issue with the cloth chest piece. bought blue piece yesterday and upgraded it today, and it wont let me use it in the catalyst

I have the same issue with the cloth chest. I’ve upgraded last week. Older pieces bought from the vendor can be upgraded, but the one I upgraded at the upgrade guy cannot

why on earth would you waste a catalyst charge on an item that can only go to 385 max

This is what the GM’s sent me.

My name is Game Master Ianboryn, but feel free to just call me Ian. (^▽^)

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and submit this ticket, I will gladly go ahead and take a look into this for you. I hope you are doing well during these chaotic times in the world and above all are being safe. I understand that you are contacting us regarding an issue when attempting to convert that Vestment of Raging Tempests in the Revival Catalyst.

I understand when you do attempt to do this, it’s reporting this item is not eligible or you’re receiving an error in-game. Looks like others have reported similar issues primarily with this item and a few others as well. This doesn’t appear to be working as intended and I’m afraid we don’t have any workarounds or resolutions we can provide at this time. Nor can Customer Support directly modify or change the game to bypass these limitations even if again these aren’t technically working as intended.

I would strongly encourage you submit an official bug report. This allows our development team to pull all similar reports for further investigation and issue a possible fix in the meantime. Submitting these bug reports in-game does pull multiple pieces of information at the time of submission from an affected character. Think of it as taking a “snapshot” of the character and backend game activity that our devs use to investigate these cases and submissions. Due the amount of reports you will not receive a direct response afterwards.

• Bug Report - https://battle.net/support/article/15043

Once again, I appreciate your time in reaching out to us and bringing this to my attention. If you need any further help, questions, or have any other concerns don’t hesitate to reach back out to us. Please enjoy the rest of your day and above all stay safe out there!

1 Like

Because a lot of people don’t do raids, m+ or pvp, but want to enjoy the tier set. If this is not affecting you, why it bothers you? Go to enjoy you 400+ ilvl gear.

6 Likes

This is still an issue. I swear there are so many damn bugs with things that should be a priority to fix and they go weeks with no fixes.

1 Like

Its still bugged after reset. Still cant convert my chest piece.

I have several items that should be eligible for conversion, yet only one is. So many things in the game are broken. Blizzard is one of the worst-run companies.

Vestment of the Raging Tempests, cloth 385 sigil gear is STILL broken. This is an old feature tested on the PTR. It was rather nice that you finally understand that world players need love too. This was a feature many were very much looking forward to. Please get the lead out and fix this since there was no excuse for it to be broke in the first place!

1 Like

This may be a silly question, but when you put your Elemental Overflow gear (385), what raid level does it give you? Is it LFR or Normal?

Thank you!

It stays 385 with the LFR appearance

1 Like

And still broke. It not only doesnt upgrade for the two set bonus, but it also allows absent minded older people the ability to waste your charge on something you already upgraded on those items that DO allow it. Why isnt this fixed by now?

For some of us, this is an accessibility issue since we are not able to get into group content for one reason or another. We need all the help we can get!