Elemental Shaman Class Tuning -- March 8

Make elemental great again by buffing mastery overload bonus to account for all spells outside flame shock. Taking echo shock off the gcd. Buffing lavaburst damage by 10-20 percent base.

2 Likes

we. address. feedback.

1 Like

Don’t mind me, just screaming into my echo chamber.

Still posting here to reinforce the need for a response to feedback, and a fix to the awful state this put the spec in.

1 Like

The guy on the other thread dropped shaman because it was slowing him down so he switched to druid. The man understood the problem not even reaching the end game content. The shaman is fine XD. Even new players don’t wanna play it and see how far the shaman is

1st post of this thread is the change everyone is angry about. Tldr is that storm ele (the linchpin aoe talent that defines our m+ damage) got an interaction removed that will weaken it going further and for good measure they removed 30% potential cast speed reduction for lightning bolt and chain lightning while the cd is up. The nerf is massive, kills the projected build that was going to be good this tier. Dumpstered ele’s potential in m+ during the first fortified week of the season. And was done without any comment on ele’s damage in the fine print this was an “accessibility” issue.

i tried doing a key on my ele shaman and ended up being 1k dps short of killing the boss, group wipes and now i cant even play my ele in keys anymore because of the lack of boss dmg they do…

Maybe at 800?

Reset day hopium

The problem is that our base toolkit has taken a nerf due to borrowed power.

We stand to gain nearly 40% dps with four piece, while some other classes gain 10%.
That means that without four piece, ele is literal garbage tier.

For the first two weeks, we could push hard, focus, and at least hang on to our raid spots. The problem is being exacerbated as more and more players collect their four piece. Those of us who were sticking with ele and are stuck with one or two pieces of tier (mind you, two piece results in roughly a 3.5% dps gain for us) are just getting left in the dust now. Our contribution to the raid team has diminished to the point that group are almost better off without us.

Again - we said this would happen. Now it is happening.

• Blizzard, you refused to listen to us all expansion that we had dead talents.
  • You refused to listen to us during 9.2 PTR when we said this would happen.
  • You gave us the single-handed biggest nerf to ever hit a class and said it was to “help us” (accessibility).
  • And you’re refusing to communicate with us now.

What should we do? Move on?

11 Likes

Next weeks fixes out…nothing

give us a buff on ele ie you get more mastery or you get extra damage or extra crit something just dont nerf us

Any updates on some feedback from the developers about the changes?

Genuinely unsubbed - at this stage I’m done listening to the lies. They don’t care… they dont listen, they dont act… simply they dont give a fk

5 Likes

Also might want to give the Chads in the community council a poke as their meant to be our voice but currently their talking about battle pets - just saying

1 Like

Blizz chose them. Mainly comprised of yes-men who go along with whatever Blizzard does. They probably have to toe the line, or get dismissed.

I certainly don’t feel represented by the community council. And I also feel ignored by Blizzard.

3 Likes

Compensation please blizz

This is the third time this expansion developers put Elemental in a terrible position at the last minute, fix it.

3 Likes

The writing on the wall has never been more clear. The developers resent their players and this is just another instance of them poking the bear then hiding behind the curtain.

Oh how far they’ve fallen.

druids cast what .6 second wraths, literally came back just to play this build cause its something always wanted and you instantly gut and kill it sounds about right anything fun you instantly ruin, other classes get to be OP for xpacs at at ime but we cant even have a fun viable build now were crap and u changed all the legendaries and set pieces to not interact with lightning bolt and chain lightning just crap man and you dont even replace it with anything you just GUT IT. ele never gets any love

2 Likes