Elemental Shaman Class Tuning -- March 8

What I really don’t understand about the logic of the decision to nerf storm ele due to accessibility is that there are several ele builds where lava burst will have the exact same play style as lightning bolt would have of just spamming the button. With necro covenant leggo giving tons of haste plus 2/4 piece with a fire ele build we are going to literally be mashing lava burst just the same as we would lightning bolt in the storm ele build…what’s the diffference?

2 Likes

The worst part is that Blizz thinks that since this died down, people have accepted it and happily moved on.

In reality, people who are compassionate and care about the game (more than most people that play) are just hanging their heads in defeat and moving on.

It wouldn’t have been difficult for a dev or PR person to say “We hear you and are monitoring” … or something…anything. It’s embarrassing, honestly, at this point.

1 Like

Any news from our blue brethren?

1 Like

Hello blizzard?

Maybe microsoft will fire all the inept people at Blizzard. The silence of Kaivex and the devs on this catastrophic “accessibility” fix (aka castration of elemental shaman) speaks volumes.

1 Like

Daily bump to remind blizzard that Elemental is hurting, and we deserve compensation for the nerf that basically gutted our only ability to keep competitive

pretty sad honestly… 2 weeks since announcement of nerf… 660+ responses from the community… and still no blue response… and they talk about how they “listen to the community feedback” lol…

4 Likes

Yeah I am surprised this is taking so long to unnerf Shammy!

Even if they expect our 4 piece tier and double leggo to fix us despite the heavy handed nerf, it would be nice if they could at least communicate that with us so we aren’t just stuck with nothing but silence and guessing, especially after 650+ replies lol

1 Like

the double leggo and 4 piece is not a great fix to the issues we have with ramp up time for decent aoe, the need for aftershock to “proc” and the barren spaces between aftershock proc’s and lavaburst procs that leave us way behind on meters(in M+).

the complete lack of a group buff or unique class ability, i hope someone has something in mind for 10.0 but this cannot stand. nor for the sake of wow can class/ specialization power throttled by accessibility alone it must also be viable in raid and M+. PVP balancing seems to be seperate from these things…but i woudn’t know

1 Like

maybe lava burst buff, lightning buff, earth shock buff. something? id take ascendance as baseline too or our old 30% haste talent

1 Like

I’ve already stated my thoughts and concerns with this change and the lack of buffs to make up for the damage lost. While I still agree that this was the correct route to take I’m worried that all the feedback here is falling on deaf ears. I’m aware that you’re potentially waiting for time to pass before making any changes but any response would be a welcome one at this point just so that we know someone is listening. The forum is nearing 700 responses and while they may be slowing there are still plenty of people waiting for an answer.

3 Likes

This thread has been at the top of the ele shaman forums for the last 13 days , and there still has not been a single response from Blizzard.

Please, give us more info!

3 Likes

Day 13 and ele is still dumpster tier on everything except anduin yikes

In other news. Enhancement is really fun. Self-healing is great. And Sepulcher bosses are mostly melee friendly…

Try closer to 1k responses there’s a thread on the gen forums with 300 replies to it

Just makin my daily negative comment on this change, this still sucks

So…nothing yet? The war continues

when my gametime is over i will stop

2 Likes

we. listen. to. feedback.

Just listen, and do nothing else.