Elemental PVE Opener

What does your opener look like as ele? Especially adding in fire elemental, cyclotronic blast, crucible of flame, etc?

I feel like I haven’t quite figured out the best way to manage all my cd’s on the pull yet. It’s a lot of buttons to manage…

Also, any tips on maintaining dps? I am finding that I am bursting high but finishing low…making for terrible parses in heroic.

Opener should be
TM if taken
SK 3-5 sec pre pull
Pot
Fire Ele
LvB into FS
LB
Cyclotrinic blast into crucible
+LvB
+ES
LB

The + is if time permits in your SK/LB. I dont have cyclotrinic so im not sure if you wont be a GCD off from losing it.

That is a ton of burst however your dos really shouldn’t dip much if you are maintaining CDs and maximizing MotE. I usually start off at 3rd to 5th then end up 1st-2nd.

1 Like

Dumb question, but I thought lava burst doesnt get the crit chance if FS isnt on the target when you cast it?

they changed it recently to where you can cast LvB into Flame shock and it does. Was a quality of Life change they actually got right

1 Like

I use master of elements and weave lava burst in between lightningt bolts. I do high consistent burst sustain damage at my level but mt AOE is not that great.

It would be something like

Flame shock
Lavaburst
Lightning bolt
Lava burst
Lightning bolt
Lava burst
Earthshock
Lava burst
Lightning bolt
Lavaburst.

If i dont have lave burst charges up i will spam lightning bolt until lava burst comes up.

If i have 2 charges of lava burst ready i will slowly span them in conjunction with lightning bolt.

I also use stormkeeper in a spread using lava burst in charge 1× and then lava burst into charge 2×

I rarely use icefury. It’s damage and frost shock damage is not very good but if i can anticipate a mechanic then i will cast ice fury and spend my frost shocks during movement.

I find ice fury good for mobility sustaining damage on the meters not really a dps increase.

Master of elements gives me a huge dps increase and i think it’s mandatory to do strong damate in PvE.

I haven’t tried PvP but i would imagine MoE is good at sniping a enemy player.

This is my opinion and i am only level 101. At 120 i will come back and tell you how it goes. Goodluck friends.

On details i am usually 1st or 2nd on single target boss fights.

Aoe feels clunky and if the targets die to fast then my aoe damage is useless. Even then i rarely top aoe damage. Has to be 5 or more heavy elite mobs not 10 itty bitty trash mobs.

I constantly beat fire mages and wind walker monks on details. Same against rogues shadow priests and warlocks.

Deathknights and demon hunters always beat me in damage. They are monsters at damage and i can never get 1st place on details.

This is all relative to who you raid with so it doesn’t help this thread much.

Your issue with AoE is not knowing when to just flame shock an add (one up and not stacked or living long enough to EQ), cast chain lightning to garner maelstrom for ST (the lots of tiny things 3+) and when to actually aoe (2+ long lasting stacked).

To OP, I feel I change my opener every other pull lol but usually something along the lines of:
SK@5-7
TM@3
pot+precast LvB @ 2
FS on pull
Fire Ele (then CFL if taken)
LB
LvB
CoF (if taken) as precious cast ends
LB
Cyclo
(Usually a) Surge
ES
IF into regular priority

The issue in the opener is getting all this extra shiz out without capping LvB charges or maelstrom.

Stormkeeper and Prepot 2s before pull
Fire Ele
LvB into FS
LB (SK and MotE boosted)
LvB
LB (SK and MotE boosted)
If no Lava Surge proc: Cyclotronic / Crucible
If Lava Surged procced: LvB -> ES

Basically, my opener is making sure all my initial Stormkeeper LBs and ES are boosted by MotE. If I don’t get a Lava Surge proc early to combo with Earth Shock I use Icefury/Frost Shock until LvB is up. You can replace Icefury/Frost Shock with your Cyclotronic/essence ability of choice.