Elemental Lightning Spec Support

Shamans are highly unique when it comes to nature (lightning) damage. I personally like the lighting fantasy type.

My suggestions.

1. Change Icyfury to replace Lava Burst. I would much rather cast Icyfury then lava burst in a lightning based build. Frost/Nature sounds cooler than frost/fire. Plus the synergy with Electrified Shocks will make pressing frost shock impactful.
    1.5 Icyfury is cool and all but even in it was never well received by the community. it was more of a oh it does high damage with frost shock so I am forced to get it. It could be redesigned as stated in #1 to be more lightning themed. Nature, wind, speed, lightning.
    1.5+ Flux Melting/Electrified Shocks. Flux Melting… more fire support, but does anymore even use this talent. even for fire it feels blah to play frost shock in a fire build. Electrified shocks is cool. i like that talent. So what if there is a lightning build with Icyfury replacing lava burst and ??? (static) shock replacing flameshock which will do nature dmg. then the synergy with other talents that buff or provide flameshock benefits will benefit the static shock move.
  2. there is a lot of support for fire specs. I mean a lot. like way to much. Primordial wave tree, Ascendance tree, Magma Chamber/Searing Flames Diamond. 3/5 bottom tier trees are devoted to fire with 2/5 being universal. Not sure if changing ascendance to be lightning based is the answer. that would be to much haste with Storm elemental. Or maybe not… :slight_smile:
  3. Echoes of great sundering: this just feels bad to play. sometimes i have the maelstrom to do earthshock + earthquake but rarely do i have maelstrom for ele blast + earthquake. Also with all the other 3 different aoe dmg rotations it makes it super complicated. (icyfury + frost shock, stormkeeper + chain lightning)
  4. Flash of lightning; this is a fun talent and would be cool to have synergy with Skybreaker’s fiery demise (fire based talent again). More storm ele = life goals achievement.

I am sure the class designers may have better ideas then these but it would be cool to have a lightning build which would be unique to any other class in the game.

2 Likes