Ele shaman pvp

What do you cast when you need to be moving cause someone is riding your butt?

Thunderstorm
Ghost wolf
Earthbind
Cap totem
Frost shock
Lasso
Earth ele
Fire ele/storm ele
Flame shock
Asteal shift
Earth shield
Counterstrike totem

Bait kick into:
Lava burst
Icefury

Juke with:
Healing surge
Hex
Lightningbolt

Lets forgo a perfect scenario that i have distance and just assume I phased into a zone and got jumped by a melee out of the no where.

I will usually LvB into FS to see if i can bait an early kick. Then I Lasso to bait trinket or other CD. Then it is just spam FrS/earthbind/ghostwolf during their burst and to bait gap closers. Then TS into SK/IF while casting LvB from surge procs. Then rinse and repeat.

I can usually 2v1 in Wpvp unless they are well coordinated.

1 Like

so the goal isnt to create as much distance as possible like with a mage, but just enough to get a cast off and move to the next spot?

1 Like

Without a team or more importantly a healer. Ele is very defensive trait dependent. Stack pack spirit and the 2 ghost wolf talents. This allows you to take less dmg and heal as you kite. Ele is about widdling down your target while you stay alive. Drain them of their CDs off and def. Then use your utility. Then pick a spot to create space to use SK+IF to create pressure or get the kill.

You dont need the best offensive traits to win as ele. You must have the best defensive traits to survive as ele.

1 Like

So you would take spectral recovery over Skyfury?

I am assuming this is for a WPvP build. In BG’s skyfury is so useful for the group buff

Mainly Wpvp but for randoms/yolos as well. Your avg group sucks, your avg healer sucks. I am not trying to be mean or start anything just stating my exp. If I am doing randoms or yolo RBGs or skrimmishes I am running Lasso/Spectral/CS totem. The moments where I have looked back and thought. Man if only I had ran skyfury we would have won is a fat goose egg.

Now if I get into a group for RBGs and they are coordinated and actually trying, then I will actually run Lasso/Skyfury/Grounding. However these groups are far and few between.

I drop CS totem and run from it and they have to choose. Keep chasing or kill the totem. It creates space for me to cast/heal. Most of the time they dont notice it until it is way too late.

1 Like

Well I always took Earth shield as I can cast with it on , and also skyfury . I will try your method to see if it makes me any better at PvP. I am at a low level so can only go up :joy:

Pretty much… You should give more background though.

In arenas an eles best partner is someone who punishes people for riding an electronic, usually it’s not what gets rid. Play with an destro or mage. You’ll be free for days. Ele is great support.

In bgs/solo play just spam lasso on CD. Shaman has almost never been the king of the 1v1… Just the way the cookie crumbles.

1 Like

We do fine against mages 1-1 though :grimacing:… it’s literally a free kill.

1 Like

If you play well, probably true…

Still though I’ve seen some sick sheep>gp>ring>go>metreor=dead…

Edit: also compared to a lot of other classes/specs I still don’t think ele is King of the 1v1. Decent with lasso now… But not king.

You get few hits to connect on the mage and they are dead …mage must be the worst 1-1 spec in the game . No healing , no armor , no hard cc

Edit:- No Ele is no good at 1-1 but Atleast IMO we are better than mages :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen venruki/xaryu do some arcane cheeses (mad self heals via casting? Don’t really know)… And the fire combo I explained is decent too. There are ways to win. I’d agree their sustain is meh though.

I think they have some Azerite traits which allow them to heal

I’m having trouble against rogue/healer comps in twos if the healer has half a brain. Anybody got some two tips to get me over the hump or consistently dying to Rogue/Rdruid? Oh and Sin/Fire Mage is cancerous. I can survive their big go, purge combustion, and still die in a full kidney 25 seconds later because Gpyro and rogue control is nuts.

Tell blitz to go an expac without sucking rogue ***** so hard.

1 Like

So I tried your setup for WPvP last night in the incursion and also some random BG’s. Definitely keeps you alive longer but damage output does suffer without skyfury and earthshield.
Hard to land kills without the 20 percent Crit increase …as SK and ES have been nerfed so much now . It was mainly use Lasso , run around for 30 secs , use Lasso , rinse and repeat for the most part . :disappointed:

Rogue is a counter class to Ele. Very little can be done against a rogue played decently using Ele.

1 Like

What is your partner?

Priest. Switches between Disc/Holy. We’ve been above 1900 MMR this season but I tanked almost a hundred rating due to rogue team after rogue team after rogue mage. It’s kind of frustrating and I’m assuming I’m doing something exceptionally wrong.

That sounds like a dampening comp. You dont really have a strong cc setup outside of hex into fear.

Even lasso would be meh because you are the only one doing any real dmg.

If you were set on partners and priest was your option. I would go SE+PE. Hex into SE channel+lasso.

You would also have a second defensive woth EE stun and dmg reduction.