Ele PvP Stat Prio?

I see a lot of Shamans swear by different Stats

A lot run straight Verse, others Crit + Lava Shock, last person I asked goes Haste > Mastery with Ig

Should I prio my ILvL? With my gear I end up with 397 ILvL but with something like 49% mastery which is admittedly fun seeing 16k > 14k + 16>14 back to back hard cast LvB with Lava Surge

but idk feel like I end up doing less damage vs other shaman.

So what y’all run

Majority of your dmg is going to be

1. Flame Shock
  2. Lightning Lasso
  3. Earth Shock vs lightning bolt

Of these 3 only lightning bolt can OL and Mastery is the worst stat for lightning Bolt

I have stopped stacking ES trait and now just run my raid gear with my raid spec (As over TM) and still do really good in RBGs, WPVP, and random BGs. Therefore Versatility/haste/Crit is what I am stacking.

Even if you went control lava high mastery you would still need a whole lot of haste to make all of those hard casts worth it.

1 Like

Not exactly true, lightning bolt is usually 4th on the list.

Damage breakdown is

1. Flameshock
  2. Lasso or LvB
  3. Earth shock
  4. LvB Overload
  5. Lightning bolt over load or Lightning bolt depending on what crits during SK

For me at least and what I see the and shamans I vs, Lasso will increase DPS a lot if they let you get full channels.

Tho when I look at their armories there’s no real go to.

Mastery is cool in the sense that sometimes a LvB hardcast into Surge will do as much damage as a Earth Shock Crit (i’ve seen 11k + 9k, 11k+9 immediately after in a single global) but its random and not reliable as burst in a go.

I’ve decided to just go with my Pawn String stat weight

1. Haste
  2. Versa
  3. Int
  4. Crit
  5. Mastery

I was worried about ILvL and losing Int but with that prio it makes sense in PvP and my gear setup without sacrificing a ton of ILvL

75% mastery > haste > mastery less than 75% > versa > crit.

3x igneous
3x ancestral resonance

@ozzatello really mastery? doesnt that scale horribly as it only increases our chance for OL proc? Personally i prefer Haste>crit=vers>mastery. Running IPx3, and LS x1, and soon NH X2.

yea mastery is the worst stat but mine is at 41% and i have ip x2 and throwing lots of meatballs in bgs is fun.waiting to get a 3rd ip.

im mastery/haste build for bgs.

----------------------------------------update----------------------------------------------

i got my 3x igneous and 2 xancestral resonance the meatballs are flying.

Not knocking it, especially if it is working for you and your playstyle. If it works then go for it.

Hell I was one of the few stacking 75+% mastery in Uldir running the SE/HV/UP build

1 Like

its not the best for arena but i bg instead of arena.

My priority is Haste>Int>Crit=Vers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mastery.

However i have seen many running with Ancestral Resonance and I actually like that better than running Synapse Shock trait. Unfortunately I PvP and dont PvE so I dont get a vendor.

Currently I am IPx3, NHx1, LSx1, ARx1. It is virtually impossible to get IPx3 and NH/LS combo and get Pack Spirit x3 as well. As a PvPer, Pack Spirit is a priority trait for me.

I understand the need for haste in PVP and the desire to stack it. However Just to supply some information on stat and dmg scaling for ele shaman I would suggest the following:

1. Crit after haste until 20 percent ( according to the sims that I have done this expansion 20ish percent crit begins to lose its value and intel becomes a littel better. Also remember we do get 25% more crit dmg in PVP through Elemental Fury.
  2. Versatility has become the best stat for ele this xpac after crit falls off. It is however more valuable than intel.
  3. Maybe a stat priority could be Haste>Crit=Vers=Intel>>>>Mastery.
  4. If you are running an Ancestral Resonance heavy build I would relook at your stat priority as Mastery would then have a much greater value.

I dont sim, so thank you for this. Elemental Fury is 250% but nerfed to 175% in PvP, really puts a lack luster feel on Crit. Vers is definitely something that I want and would prefer it over crit, just for the survivability buff it provides, unfortunately the gear I have been getting makes me choose between Haste and Vers or stacks Vers with Mastery which feels bad. The gearing is the worst it has ever been in wow, hands down.

I am only using Ancestral Resonance x1 because I dont know what to grab on my shoulder slot. Unfortunately, I dont raid or like to. I dont do mythics or like to. I’ll do emissaries for a chance at wpvp. So with IP and Pack Spirit being a priority, I am very limited on what to choose from. The Shoulder choices dont even offer Pack Spirit in PvP if you can believe that. I have to do emissary to get it, and thus my second ring is just a toss up. I litterally have synapse shock and ancestral resonance to choose from, both dont feel great.

A high mastery build doesnt feel good either, but thats just me, i know some people enjoy it.

Moral of the story, its hard being an Ele PvPer out there now adays ahahaha

This isn’t pve brother. Stat weights don’t apply here. Mastery>haste>mastery>versa is the best.

2 Likes

Hmmm

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/frostmourne/Poonzug

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/Snutzsham

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malganis/Eles

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/Bronzer

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/Ilragazzo

Not sure if trolling, however the ladder says otherwise.

I am Ilragazzo moron lol, most people don’t even come remotely close to the gear itemization you should ideally have. Just because something isn’t 100% realistic to obtain on live, doesn’t mean it’s not the best setup. Also, those players you linked lol…

LOL they are higher than you so LOL

While I know it’s not pve content. I would suggest checking out:

www.herodamage.com

It will at least offer a reference for strength of azerite traits if you are having an issue deciding.

1 Like

I haven’t qd much this season as I have other stuff to do. While you may think rating on a ladder is everything, I promise you that isn’t the case :grinning:

Thanks for this, this will be helpful on all my toons.

I notice that you are PE spec. I prefer SoP, then IF, not a fan of PE. Would you still recommend Mastery for those builds? I can see where running high mastery would also be beneficial if you are running a comp where you will be the primary kill target. Thanks in advance.

I honestly don’t think stats matter for ele. Damage comes from so many sources that gain zero benefit from x Stat that It’s like whats the point.

Lasso gains nothing from anything and is a top 3 damage component.

Lava Burst gains nothing from Crit

Lightning Bolt and Earth Shock see pretty big gains from crit, a LB crit hits harder than a Lava Burst Crit.

Mastery basically affects 1 spell in arena since LB is casted infrequently.

Haste affects the most things I guess, not much for your heals tho. Would Rather crit heal than cast a Surge .1s Faster.

That Oz Mastery build looks fun tho

but the top ele rn doesn’t even stack any traits he has a hodgpodge of 1 Resonances, 1 Echo, 1 Igneous…dagger in the back?

Really just looks like Ele is just there to lasso so that a chaos bolt or Gpie lands