Ele in 3v3

Playing my Ele again and just what are you guys doing to get some CR

At the start of the expac when LvB was really strong it felt great knowing you could say Kill target dies here but now it just feels pseudo random actually landing kills.

I could entirely just be bad and more than likely am but

Skybreakers vs Windspeakers vs Ele Equib

Skybreakers feels like its just pad damage to me, it also feels bad into ret paladins because you just give them perma wings via Aura of Reckoning and flameshock critting 3 targets every sec.

Ele equib is ok but idk 15% on 5k lava bursts or praying for earth shock crit urks me

I still love Windspeakers even tho its fallen out of meta, especially running lightning shield into melees and being able to burst on demand and gen maelstrom feel like I jus wanna run this more than the others.

Lil bit of QQ but anyone still playing ele and finding success?

2 Likes

with the surgence in frost mages and locks of any spec, im kinda coming to the realization, ele might be the worst caster dps in pvp atm…

im not saying its unplayable or even bad… but frost mage is really strong right now, yeah? afflcition is really strong, demo is incredibly strong… even arcane mage is being played pretty solidly at higher ratings…

idk. i feel like alot of other specs got buffed and ele didnt, it didnt get nerfed, its not any weaker, its just some of the lesser caster specs rose up and we did not.

1 Like

Bout to forget everything I’ve seen on streams or read for guides and figure it out.

I swear padding with fire ele and hoping for the best and playing for damp/live feels like garbage and not a true win condition. At least at my current paltry ratings where ppl forget to press buttons and games end before mana is a thing.

Kinda hate primal elementalist tbh, and in this gamestate of gibbing people I really just wanna surge of power to match burst

Our maelstrom generation or resource generation feels the worst out of any spec tho gonna experiment on getting around that too

you might enjoy playing Kyrian instead of necrolord. Vesper totem burst can literally 1 shot people. i dont mean killing in a GCD or killing in under a second, i mean vesper totem itself can crit for 50k+ and instantly 1 tap people.

it takes set up and coordination, but if you dont want to dampen go big with Kyrian.

2 Likes

Yea I’ve seen Dewoverload’s clips, the totem is incredibly buggy tho and the setup is cumbersome

but maybe that’s really all there is

The playstyle I enjoy the most is resurgeance and bringing people to a threshold where u can hex and stormkeeper with primordials for a kill. Just feels proper

1 Like

i dont disagree. i think ele feels best when its necrolord w/ primordial wave and Windspeakers. its just not as good w/ lava burst hitting like a noodle.

It’s cus our Maelstrom generation is thrash in PvP.

Spriests, moonkin, locks all have passive frequent generation with spenders far more reliable than earth shock.

Really bout to yolo and run after shock + icefury Resurgeance or even I dare say Elemental Blast + Surge of Power Equilibrium and just force it

Earth Shock and Lava burst just need to bang so much harder

1 Like

I play earth shield only

Elemental Shaman might be trash in 3v3, but hell it’s fun to even go 50-60% as its a fun class. I think if we can get to 30% haste next season elemental shaman tier set is going to be above many and help us reach back to the glory days of late game BFA and S1 SL.

However, it likely has the weakest caster burst in the game now, which makes me laugh as it’s kit is uber slow and everything is on GCD (Echo Shock, every totem, etc).

I’m going crit and on disc theorycrafting with a friend on venthyr ele and deep rooted elements or skybreaker

Playing with a Kyrian Affinity boomy as a venthyr Ele will put you at 100% crit chance with Skybreaker for instance (8% crit from kyrian leggo, 12% from moonkin aura)

Besides that idk if I agree we have the weakest burst, with the set bonus changing to 175 main stat lasso is going to scale insanely well. It has some of the highest coefficient in the game for a spell at 720% with Mote.

Idk why we ignore crit so much in PvP when we have elemental fury

We ignore crit because our main damage ability has 100% chance to crit. Haste is just better for GCD control management as we have a ton of things we need to get things rocking.

Because a large portion of our damage is lava burst and crit doesn’t benefit it.

I really really hope that in 10.0 they can redesign the spec so our secondary stats aren’t choosing which stat sucks least. Haste/mastery/crit all stink

1 Like

People die to storm keeper and earthshock crits, haste does nothing for lasso one of the hardest scaling abilities in the game.

You already get “haste” from control of lava and fire ele.

To me it’s just kind of shallow to think oh but lvb always crits

Lower GCD for sure feels great but idk there’s something really messed up about getting 11k lasso ticks.

When they changed lasso to spell power over hp% I noticed if you crit even once during it it pretty much does 40% values

1 Like

i mean…

yes your right about all of that. and thats what i mean.

Crit doesnt benefit lava burst so its bad

haste doesnt benefit your true burst of Stormkeeper / Earthshocks so its bad

Mastery doesnt benefit your Stormkeeper or earthsthock so its bad…

People dont go crit specifically because even if it does benefit your kill potential, its still very lackluster to your lava burst damage which will end up being the largest chunk of damage in most games.

i loathe this stat interaction. it feels to me like no matter what stat you go for, you’re missing out on X and Y instead of really pumping the damage from Z

1 Like

Like that doesn’t matter unless your attacking a healer’s mana bar. 5k lava bursts aren’t scary

The difference between a non crit sk and a string of earth and sk crits is a light year of a difference.

you already get 25% from fire ele and 15% from CoL but yea you have to play around a slower gcd which i agree.

Big this, thats why me and a friend discussing venthyr ele next patch. With ascendance you reap from every stat

1 Like

i agree but in alot of matchups it does come down to the healers mana bar.

i could see it working. my main concern with an ascendance build is that its easy to CC / Line of sight and a 3minute cd. if they see you pop stormkeeper and just pull back and pillar and you lose value on STK its annoying, but you have it back up in 1minute.

if they see you Chain harvest and pop ascendance and then pillar you’re gonna need to wait 3 minutes to try to burst again.

and most specs youll be against have burst every 45s-1minute anyway, so they get to burst you 3 times for every burst you get. idk.

it could work. i dont know yet.

Why? Our best wall comes from this.

9.2 looking pretty juicy though with the 4 set bonus and dbl legendary. Lots of DMG

Maybe. Still not convinced 4set will be worth

I don’t think the 4pc is worth since you’re losing out on 10ilvl per PvE piece

Only 1 of them has versa on it (gloves), next best is prob shoulders for crit/haste and less stat budget loss

The lava surge every 8s and 20% damage amp is on the 2pc, you already have incredible uptime on Fire ele, even more with surge of power (lol i kno)

Exactly its a 5m cd wall usable, and potentially 2 stuns but Surge is way more versatile and fun to use and wish we jus had sham rage or better defensives to give more choice

1 Like