Ele Earthquake PVP Usage

I see some good streamers using earthquake occasionally in pvp, but looking to understand when it’s appropriate and why

Damage is physical so suffers from armor, and is a area dot, so easy for it not to do its full damage.

Does it proc knockdowns in PVP? Is that on diminishing returns with anything?

I use it in node matches quite a bit (BfG, AB, DWG. It does cause a knockdown. It prevents caps.

The damage is ok and I usually cast it in an area that will have 3+ targets in it for a while.

Running Aftershock I can drop 3-5 EQ in one spot which does some significant dmg.

3 Likes

What is a “knockdown”?

How long does it CC and what does it DR with?

It’s not listed here:

Thanks!

I didn’t have a chance to confirm short stuns DR when I wrote that and should probably go back and add it now that you’ve reminded me but Earthquake is in (or should be in) a shared category explicitly with Warrior Charge and Dragons Roar.

In an Arena I’ll use it for zone control or vs. double melee when they’re on a target that is currently immobile like my healer because of chains of ice, stormbolt, FoF, etc if we’re playing defensively.

In Battlegrounds I drop it on flag nodes in the same way Madalynn explained above.

1 Like

Very helpful, thanks!