Edit Mode party frames bug

disabling addons is not the same as removing them.

you need to delete the addon folder, too.

or at least rename the addon folder while you troubleshoot.

Still does it even with the addons folder completely gone.

have you tried disabling snap?

I’ve had it disabled since the UI changes launched. Although now I can’t even save changes I try to make to the UI. The save button just stays lit up. If I just try closing it, the “save and exit” option doesn’t work either. It’s like it’s breaking more before my very eyes.

Now that I’m looking in the Errors folder, there are a bunch from this morning. I’m a biologist, so this text wall is indecipherable to me, but would that help…somebody? It’s talking about the interface and something to do with “Script exception: Interface/FrameXML/EditModeSystemTemplates.lua:468: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value”

not sure if it’s related, or if the solution/work-around will help you, but this looks like it may be related?

you may want to consider downloading bartender4 if you need an immediate fix

Changing the party frames size to 100% worked for me, the higher in size u go the further down it snaps tho for some reason

2 Likes

Im having the same problem, i have my party frames on 125% and i just want to move them a bit and press save and it goes down from the position i want it. This used to work before but some kind of update broke it i think ? it work on default position for now, hope it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

We don’t have any possible solution to this problem yet right?

I have this problem too, and I can’t fix it entirely. However, as a workaround, I save as a new layout every time I need a change. This gets annoying, but it’s the only way to keep the party frames from snapping to the bottom.

I’ve found a work-around. Set up your interface the way you want it, but DON’T SAVE. Instead, use the “Share” option and copy the text file. Then use the “Import” option, paste the saved loadout in, and it’ll create a new loadout the way you had it without messing up the party frames. If you try to make ANY changes though, the party frames will jump down as soon as you click save, so make sure everything is exactly how you want it before clicking “share.”

9 Likes

Fix it. Confirmed.

Set the size of frame to 100% and it fix the bug of arena frame.

the issue of cant save, its fixed by deselecting all options, and select only raid frames and boss frames, after leave this two options selected, save and retry yor confs.

2 Likes

is there any solution to this yet??? i cant have my party frames at 100% so this is bugging the crap out of me please send help

this is a big problem… not a fan of edit mode. It’s like being forced to use a crappy UI addon. Game was fine without it. Dont like not being able to move chat window freely either.

3 Likes

Thanks this worked i’ll just do this for now until it gets fixed.

I figured out the issue for this. But yes. It needs fixed ASAP.
If you increase the size of either Party Frames, Boss Frames, or Arena Frames, they move down and to the left when you try to save. (Party Frames only move down)

Also, I tried dungeons while my party frames were wherever they landed at 120% and another bug with this is that the Party Frames, I assume only while above 100%, do not show accurate information. I was unable to tell how much health or mana my party members had while playing with the Party Frames, wherever they landed.

1 Like

Exact same issue is happening for me. This is really frustrating.

I’ve got the same issue still. It is extremely frustrating.

1 Like

just wondering but is it fixed ?

I had the same issue where resizing the party frames would cause it to “jump” elsewhere on my screen after saving the UI. It seems a recent patch fixed this as this no longer happens for me.