Edge of night btw

whoever designed this weapon was either on insane amounts of illegal substances or just straight up brain dead. just another example of something in the game that feels horrible to not have, and just feels like ur spec is back to normal when you have it.

why make it so there’s only 1 good dagger in the patch for pve

a mythic version of this dagger is a +471 dps upgrade, which is more than every other upgrade combined. it’s regularly 7%+ of the other rogue in my guild’s total dmg on every boss fight.

what a joke. literally haven’t seen a single one drop the entire patch

5 Likes

The drop rate for this dagger is so low I’m still using the normal drop I got, despite having daggers with higher ilvl. This is ridiculous. Rogues and Hunters got screwed over so badly with 9.1.

3 Likes

I just got my heroic one in the vault this week. It goes great with my LFR one off hand. Crazy that even an LFR one is an upgrade over a 252 non-Edge dagger in the offhand. Been farming even normal runs to get a higher one.

2 Likes

It really do feels bad man. I haven’t seen a dagger drop in any difficulty. Items like these need to be quest rewards dropped from bosses because they can not be funneled by others. Like look at Jaithys. It is a perfect example of a weapon that is really cool and also really powerful. Your 2h dps really want this weapon, especially the mythic version. So to help with this you can have your holy paladins and tanks roll DPS loot spec for the fight to funnel your 2h classes. For dagger and bow you can’t do this which just leads to many users not getting one the entire tier. Seems a bit silly.

I have even sat mythic reclear to give myself more heroic boxes for vault. Sill no dagger. Sadge.

2 Likes

Its incredibly rare and only one class can loot it. A funnel run would only be possible with many rogues who already have theirs. So pretty much improbable to organize a situation like that unless you are either famous or cheat.

1 Like

Having 2 of them kinda sucks. I mean, they perform really well. But I can’t even use my M+ daggers that are 12/12 because they’re just not as good. The only way I can upgrade them is by getting the heroic version. But everyone is only taking ppl that already have AOTC.

Aotc is super cheap right now

Like 90k

Yeah I’m not buying it. That’s just dumb.

Jus know that this dagger has a strong chance at being offhand bis next tier.

2 Likes

my friends, yall need to remember how hard it was to get a 6 set tier set, and how reward it was to g et it. i agree syl daggers drop rates need to be tuned higher along with all the other sanctum weapons. but the feel of getting that dagger is def, the best type of feelin

Then 9.2 will hit in a few months and all that time farming a dagger that hardly drops at all, will become obselete.

1 Like

debateable, that passive effect for rogues is really really good. wont be main hand bis, but def might be offhand bis

1 Like

False, theres already talk of it still being BiS for offhand next tier.

1 Like

game still bad

then y r u here friend?

2 Likes

Still using the 233 one I got from normal because I just can’t get one to drop from Heroic. The 233 is still a big dps increase over my other daggers. So dumb.

Glad to see you got one. I was incredibly lucky to have gotten a mythic dagger in my first vault post CE after having used a normal in my offhand for the whole of progression.

It is quite astonishing to see your parses skyrocket after getting one. I really feel for all the rogues who can’t get it to drop, and hopefully Blizzard doesn’t do something like this again where SO much of our ability in raid is tied to a single item.

1 Like

idk friend y r u here replying if u dont like my post :stuck_out_tongue:

ty. yea it’s still frustrating though. I think if they’re going to make more items like this with huge increases over another, same ilvl, item of the same slot, they need to do it differently.

The old class “epic” quests were pretty cool. Or just make it so you have to acquire x amount of quest items from bosses then you go craft it or something. I don’t think insane rng makes something more meaningful. I’d rather feel like I deserve something than I just got super lucky.

Oh and according to raidbots, an offhand mythic edge of night would still be a +400 dps increase despite already having one now in mainhand. Lol. Should probably have been unique

3 Likes

I still don’t have it btw