Echoes devaluation is live

But I never said anything contrary to that. Are you wondering whether I read the blue post’s note to spend echoes? Because that was in my OP already.

Which part didn’t I read in the blue post, I’d love to see it.

It was a very short notice, not everyone is refreshing the forums 24/7. I am, but not everyone.

1 Like

The problem is that this only helps if you read this post before the change happens, and they gave WAY too little notice for the typical player. I got my essences, so I’m fine, but this short notice isn’t good communication. But, I do appreciate that it’s communication at all. I remember when that was difficult to get from Blizz.

I mean, why did they change the price for the essences anyways? What’s the big deal if alts can get their essences a little faster than before at the end of the damn expansion. They’re still gonna need corruptions on top of that.

This was a very poorly thought out change.

2 Likes

I have a hunch that Aviela didn’t really read the actual OP (or maybe even the blue post) and just wanted to jump in and sound cool.

Oh well

The coming week, he said. This means that it’s not guaranteed that the corruption update rolls out today.

From what I remember, the update allowing us to buy essences also wasn’t rolled out on reset.

That sentence is describing the entire blue post. It doesn’t at all imply things will roll out at different times, in fact it implies the opposite, referring to the entire post as a single “update” that will be “rolled out”

Both of you are correct, it would’ve been good if they put the news in the launcher or something similar.

1 Like

So then why did some people (up to date on the forums) know that Corruptions wouldn’t be updated on reset day exactly and you didn’t?

Because it was in a hotfix note.

Reading this thread is probably hard though.

Nope. I never read the hotfix notes Lull provided in this thread and yet I knew. If you read through the blue’s original thread other people knew too. This sounds like a you problem, at least other players have the excuse of not being up to date on the forums like Anasi and Xeth said. You are up to date and you still didn’t get the hint, that’s rough :frowning:

Explanation was fine, communication wasn’t really there as the execution was awful.

1 Like

“In the coming week” isn’t the same as “with tomorrow’s reset” and I’m pretty disappointed that the prices for the essences have been jacked up already. I had a couple of characters that could have purchased essences if I’d known that 17 hours notice was all there was going to be.

Somehow, I’m just not surprised by this type of thing from Blizzard anymore though.

1 Like

That sucks.

But it is what it is with this company at this point. :frowning:

1 Like

I think there would be more hate if they instead said “we have this ready to implement but are worried some players don’t stay up to date on news so we are delaying it by 1-2 weeks.”

Only if you can’t read

Way too much distraction in this thread.

Blizzard posted yesterday what changes were coming and to hurry and use your echoes. The changes went live the very next day.

The point here is that 1 day notification is not enough. Some people are not able to log into their toon on that day for whatever reason. In the past, Blizzard had acknowledged that one day is not enough and provided at least a week notice before a big change. This seems to have been reverted.

Second part of the OP’s point is that the communication clearly stated that the corruption vendors and devaluation were to be part of the same update. As of now, Mother does not have the corruption pieces, only the devaluation.

This roll out has not been coordinated well, nor has it been communicated well. I agree with that assessment of the OP.

2 Likes

I agree as well but you will have people arguing that it was communicated well. Personally? I don’t see it.

But I suppose some people have different standards for good and effective communication.

The one issue the OP did not mention, that is a huge issue, is that mains that have collected all of their rank 3 essences can no longer gather echoes.

This made sense when they only applied to essences, but now that it is more, that restriction should have been removed. If this had not been rushed out so quickly, maybe this situation could have been avoided.

I don’t think that restriction still exists. My main was at 0 echoes for this reason, but I got 1600 in my M+ chest.

Whether or not it puts mains behind is a different issue I guess.