Easy But Good M+ DPS

I’m an old timer but want to give M+ a chance. What are like the top 3 easy but good M+ DPS classes?

I thought about WW but the whole “don’t repeat an ability” thing seems to throw me off

havoc dh :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I thought about that one. Also thinking about rogue since they always seem to have a good spec. Is outlaw the top choice atm and how difficult is it to play?

I’ve seen many many many bad rogues over decent ones.

2 Likes

Sub > Law. They also clearly have no intentions of uncapping Blade Flurry and want the spec to rot and die in a corner. Sub is literally 2 button AOE and 2 button ST.

Ele shaman
Hunter
Havoc DH

2 Likes

There’s 2 levels of easy in Mythic Plus. The first is a class that’s pretty easy to play, comparatively simple rotation so you can deal damage and throw out occasional crowd control, interrupts etc without busting your groove.

The second layer of difficulty is playing a spec that gets invited. Ret pally’s pretty easy once you get the opener down and you have a lot of tools, but most groups don’t gun for the utility you bring. Classes that can do things like mass CC and bloodlust have an easier time getting into groups. Mage, Shaman and Hunter can lust/timewarp/primal rage, demon hunters have a mass stun and other tools more relevant to small groups, druids and death knights have guaranteed access to a battle-rez and crowd control (also AMZ for death knights), the list goes on. There’s a tier list on icy veins that can give some idea of what gets into groups. It’s not really listed by damage, but more by how popular the specs are in Mythic Plus and utility they can bring.

This guy is lying to u, this class is the hardest to play ever and no-one but the absolute best can even play this class at a average level…We have so many key binds and things we have to think about to do damage. We cant just press 3–4 buttons and win like the other low IQ specs like feral druid

1 Like

Imo easiest to pick up and do decent would be
Beast Master Hunter
Frost Mage
Elemental Shaman

They also bring great utility like Bloodlust/Heroism/Time warp
And great Crowd Control.

How much might this change in 9.1.5?

BM Hunter,
Havoc DH,
Those are the two that are absolutely brain dead to play. The rest are not much harder though. Best to play what you like the most.

It’s actually pretty intuitive once you get in the flow. WW Monk is my favourite DPS (even when they were crap in BfA :D). Might be worth giving it a shot!

As a rogue alt, outlaw is actually worse than WW in terms of micromanagement. Ww has a clear rotation, but with outlaw you are constantly trying to watch your buffs, slice and dice, gun procs, BTI debuff, all while having rather poor aoe. It’s a lot, and can make avoiding aoe puddles hard because you’re trying to keep on top of all your abilities and buffs.

2 Likes

I think an easy, and good dps is DH like the others believe.

very low APM class and they have really strong group abilities to boot.

mage & hunter are also pretty basic to learn, and have great numbers in m+

good luck :revolving_hearts:

I’d say Havoc fits the bill pretty well. Ele Sham for ranged isn’t too complicated.

“Top Choice” I think can depend on dungeons etc. Outlaw is simple on the surface, but there’s a lot of things to keep track of constantly. It’s pretty easy to be bad at Outlaw.

I think I’m narrowing it down to either Frost Mage or Havoc DH as neither seems too complicated (demonic build for havoc, momentum is too big brain for me).

How is playing ranged versus melee in M+? Ranged seems easier when it comes to mechanics and affixes

1 Like

Hunter, DH, Frost mage.
I’ve seen ELE mentioned a few times but I hard disagree with that. Hunter is great because as BM you can DPS while moving, and aren’t affected by anything that would interrupt spellcasting like other ranged DPS (this applies to MM as well) the DH rotation IS brain dead, however it can be tricky not to dash off cliffs and into frontals and what not when playing the optimal build, but since you just want to play casually you wouldn’t have to play momentum, and the defensives/leech make mistakes very forgiving in trivial content. Frost, press the button that glows, blizzard/orb/blizzard/orb for AOE. Double ice block, alter time, ect. All great stuff. Whichever you ultimately
Decide on, I would recommend “dumbing down” the spec by selecting all passive talents to simplify the rotation until you become more comfortable. The vast majority of players play the meta talent setup that they see top players using, or that sim the best, but a simple talent selection and not standing in stuff will give you more success in both damage and survivability then trying the “optimal” talents and not using them correctly.

4 Likes

Elemental Shaman - Aoe Rotation is basically just chain lightning and earthquake. Single Target rotation is 4 buttons.

BM Hunter - Very Simple to play, not great AOE but better boss damage than MM

MM Hunter - A Bit More complex than BM but also incredible AOE damage

Frost Mage - As long you don’t mind constantly ground targeting with Blizzard, it’s a pretty simple spec

Havoc Demon Hunter - 3 button class, but melee is more difficult because you have to dodge more things.

FWIW Icy Veins class guides has a whole section devoted to this, telling you the simplest talents to pick which are still effective.

I’ve seen ELE mentioned a few times but I hard disagree with that.

Ele M+ Build probably has the fewest buttons to push of any spec in the game.

1 Like

Yes, but the damage comes from mobs sitting in the earthquake, and without a tank who gives a damn about that or sees the value in it can be very discouraging. Also, the single target damage is underwhelming if not played optimally. I play all of the classes that I have opinions on at a relatively high level currently and everything I say is from my actual experience in game