Easiest tank class? (Disability)

I just want to say, you should never be waiting around for a builder to come off CD. Just swipe, CC something, or Maul if you got the spare rage and don’t need Iron Fur. Of course, don’t Maul in an AoE situation.

Lol trust me I’m not sitting around waiting. I guess everyone has I’m misunderstood my meaning.

By waiting around, I mean you spam the same ability, just one, while waiting for a rage builder.

Every class should follow the ABC rule while in combat: always be casting.

This is pretty funny, a one button macro? jesus lol… what did blizz do to this game after cata/mop

You could always do one button macros, but they are quite terrible compared to doing an actual reactive rotation. Even Guardian Druid has proc(s) (depending on the talent build) that you should be reacting to for optimal play. If you ignore them you are losing a lot of potential DPS and survivability.

Always? I only remember one optimal macro button in bc/wrath and that was hunter.

Used in this context, the word “always“ means “as a last resort.”

He’s not saying one button macros have been plausible for a long time, he’s saying a one button macro could be used if there was no other way to further minimize hotkeys whilst maintaining access to all of the basic rotational abilities.

Hey, some suggestions already in this thread about classes, but I wanted to give you a different suggestion.

Have you ever tried a multi button mouse? There’s a few out there, but the one that comes to mind is the Razor Naga. These mice have a ton of extra buttons on the mouse that can be mapped to other keys. Since you have limited use of your left hand, this might be something to look into.

It takes some getting used to, but it might open up some more options for you.

Good luck!

1 Like

With the suggestion of a multi-button gaming mouse, it’s hit or miss. I tried one out and all the buttons were overwhelming (granted you don’t have to use them all)

I’d find myself hitting the wrong one or fat fingering wrong buttons because they were so close to one another.

If you can still use a few with your left hand, I’d suggest a simpler gaming mouse. Under 10 programmable buttons. Not sure if you still use your left hand for movement, but if you do, you can bind a few key binds within a button of your movement keys, and then use your mouse for 5-6 other key abilities.

Left hand: movement plus attack abilities 1-6 (Mangle, Thrash, Swipe, Maul, Moonfire, Iron Fir)

Right hand: mouse: taunt, stun, interrupt, CC, trinket 1, trinket 2 (racial tied to trinket two)

And for simplicity sake with muscle memory, I tie all my mouse abilities to be the same throughout all my characters. So interrupt will always be the middle thumb button regardless of what toon I play

Yea I’ve tried one and I suck with it too. I think with a bit of practice though, it’s just fine. A buddy of mine uses one and he loves it.

2 Likes

I think the overwhelming feelings goes away after a while, I personally don’t like using a 5 or 10 button mouse but most gladiator pvpers pretty much call it a requirement that you have to get used too.

All I can say is be careful of what mouse you buy. I, myself, prefer to use Mice that have the 2 thumb buttons instead of like 12 or more. If you buy a cheap one though… you may discover the MB 4 and MB 5 are swapped with each other. Or when using R/L buttons to run, you may find one of your thumb buttons will refuse to function as long as you have the LB held down.

edit: forgot to mention, probably already has I just couldn’t be bothered to read through every single post, but if you go into the game settings there’s an Accessibility option where you can basically put a movement pad on-screen to replace the use of your wsad and spacebar keys. It also remembers what one you push and keeps it down unless you take certain actions so be careful with that.