Earthen Racials underwhelming

So I’ve been doing a little bit of testing and I’ve noticed that the food buff is a little underwhelming.

• When dying you do not maintain the buff when you resurrect by running/flying back to your corpse.

• You do not maintain the buff when you are resurrected by another player.

• You do not maintain the buff if you die in a dungeon and release at the entrance.

• I have noticed that when I zone into a dungeon, even if the buff is gone, that it reapplies.

• If you die in said dungeon and lose your buff and then you leave the dungeon the buff will also reapply.

• Changing zones does not seem to reapply the buff.

As it stands this buff from the sheer bug standpoint makes it useless in dungeons/arenas/BG’s/potentially open world(if you die)

I don’t know if its intended or not but Rank 1 Masterful Onyx vs Rank 3 Masterful Onyx provides no difference in buff. Currently I ate both a rank 1 and 3 and the value of the buff is 383 mastery period. I compared tooltip to actual sheet value and the values matched so its not just a bugged tooltip.

The food buff being 383 secondary stat is less stats than the normal food buff which provides 469 secondary stat. The cost is also a factor in the weakness of this racial as a Rank 1 Masterful Onyx costs 2200g on my server currently and a Beledar’s Bounty costs 11g. Say we spend 20k on “food items” That will get us ~ 1800 food or 9 gems. Considering at all if you have to switch specs that becomes increasingly expensive…

Added suggestion - The gem buff should be specific to the spec and not an overall considering that most specs if not all will want different secondary stats.

2 Likes

They definitely need to look into the dying bugs with it.

Also the stat buffs should at least be equivalent.

Needs primary stat options, and need to be equal to the best food

Also need a way to recover health and mana that doesn’t rely on mage food

Yep that is 100% a bug