Earth to blizzard

Not every player gets a selfplay and has max gear going into a new season.

:cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

UH OH! THE ARENA FORUMS AREN’T GONNA LIKE THIS, MIKEY!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Three people playing rock paper scissors can be competitive. Its a video games who cares how big or small it is.

2 Likes

I only play a couple hours a night and am keeping up on gear. :man_shrugging:

So you’ve replaced OOOOOFFF with UH OH and added on MIKEY

I like the changeup big doze

Game is pretty much pay someone who doesn’t work to carry you.

Unless of course you don’t work full time and can play 6-8 hours a day. There is no balance in pvp, skill is only 25% of it (25% picking the FOTM class and 50% gear dependent).

Weird, I work full time and have a family while only playing a couple hours a night after the baby goes to bed and have no trouble keeping up with gear…

2 Likes

That’s the point tho. What’s more competitive me playing basketball vs junior high kids or a league of people of equal skill playing against each other?

By my definition wow PvP isn’t competitive due mostly to the way the community works and acts like a bunch of high school cliques.

In smash we would split up top players in teams so it wasn’t just a cash grab for the top 3 players in doubles brackets and made the brackets more competitive.

For example as top 3 in SoCal I couldn’t team with anyone else on the rankings and would do doubles with unranked players. This both increased the participation of doubles brackets for events but also the enjoyment / competitiveness of the bracket itself making games not so one sided.

Wow community would rather keep 3 r1s to a team to stroke their own ego and tell new glads to make it on their own and get a 3 man fresh team to push their first r1.

It kills off participation imo and doesn’t facilitate much drive to play past glad for a lot of players.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need to play a lot. You just need to leave the major cities and actually play the game.

1 Like

The trick to gearing is to simply wait until the conquest cap is high enough to near fully gear your toon and to spam 2’s even if you are undergeared. It’s stupid, probably an unintended path, but it’s fast even for people who don’t get a lot of time, a good saturday of 2’s ques can near fully gear yourself as well as work your way closer to the first few rating upgrades. When I first made my priest (second toon in SL) we were 3 or 4 months into season 1. Basically all I did was, gather good legendary, the 1 or 2 important conduits you cant play without, and que’d at 180 Ilevel, and when the weekend was over I was near full conquest geared and even hit 1400, and the next play I hit 1600. Was probably a total somewhere between 10 and 20 hours played at max level.

Or we can just cube crawl like blizzard employees

Deflecting much?

:cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

:neutral_face: meh 10char :neutral_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean I’m doing all that too, doesn’t make it enjoyable.
Especially when you can easily remember MoP and WoD gearing styles

Oh, there is no mention of enjoyment for a reason. Gearing is atrocious, but acting like it takes a person with no life to do it is just plain wrong.

1 Like

Oh for sure, and honestly while it sucks, being undergeared isn’t a 100% stop either, it’s harder for sure

1 Like