Earth ele wall gone

I saw a post or two about the Ele shaman earth ele wall ability being gone with maybe 1-2 replies saying “IDK” essentially. Why isn’t this getting more backlash? We have practically no defensives as-is and we’re finally at a point where having fire ele out 100% of the time isn’t mandatory, so it would be perfect value for earth ele.

Really sucks to be the squishy, auto-kill-target in every single arena lobby and still have our sparse defensives pruned with no blue post or patch note.

its a feature enjoy

If I had to guess, it was probably weighed against talents like innundate, ghost wolf affinity and 20% DR in ghost wolf.

A lot of Ele’s arena pvp is downtime between goes while flame shocks are rolling, and using your utility while kiting — which you can now do in ghost wolf with a constant 20% DR (if not dispelled).

They probably felt that this, on top of astral shift, on top of a 40% wall was too much.

Though for people not running ghost wolf affinity and innundate, I can see how not having it can be considered a problem.

I disagree. Going into ghost wolf to gain a stacking mitigation effect overtime is pointless. It’s like a druids bear form having to stack overtime and still not being able to perform any attacks or defensive abilities. It’s just bad design honestly.

What are you exactly disagreeing with? I’m not saying Ghost wolf stacking Dr is good design. I am saying since now we can cast our utility inside ghost wolf, which can also have DR, they probably felt that PE earth wall was too much.

I can’t see many Ele builds serious about pvp skipping inundate and ghost wolf affinity.

I do not really like primal elementalist talent coz you can not summon both of them + wall is gone so what the point? Fire elem can be easily killed also it gives faster flame tick and it is enough I think for 2v2 arena