Dx12 making performance worse?

So I enabled dx12 to check the supposed performance boost, but I found out my game gets about 15 FPS less compared to Dx11.

Now I have been asking my friends and guild and they all seem to agree they’ve gotten a nice performance boost with dx12, even some people with older systems than mine.

I read this update was supposed to take advantage of multi-threading, but I keep seeing my CPU run at ~40% as well as my GPU

Here is a screenshot of my CPU and GPU usage while running WoW at the same time.

imgur. com/a/7voqLYu

Hopefully someone has had this same problem and knows a solution? I’d appreciate any help

Ah, btw, processor is Intel Core i7-7700HQ and GPU is Nvidia GTX 1060-Max Q

Have you tried disabling addons and/or doing a full UI reset? In particular, if you run Weak Auras 2?

1 Like

At the moment of writing the post I had done full deletes on Interface and WTF, so no addons running.

At the moment of writing this reply, I deleted the entire game and did a fresh download, also addonless with no luck. Problem persists.

Necro’ing a little here, but have the same issues.

Do you know if you have the 3 GB or 6 GB variant of the 1060? After some testing it does look like using DX12 can increase the VRAM usage by about 1 GB. We’ve seen this cause various issues such as screen tearing due to running out of VRAM on the 3 GB GTX 1060s.

1 Like