Dwarf and Troll are the best spriest races

Can’t argue that I suppose.

This is the comment I was referring to:

How is this any different from any other spriest except that the rogue has already had to bandage and burn a gouge and somehow avoided the fear?

Sounds like an advantage for nelf priests over the others at this point

Just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

Because dwarf breaks blinds. Or did you not know this? Holy buckets dude you just keep embarrassing yourself lol. Also, I mentioned to you multiple times, other priests gets an instant heal for half their life, or a fear ward, or stoneform. Which is way better than one opener ever will be

So let’s be clear. You are arguing that a rogue wasting his blind so that he can have time to bandage up damage after getting opened on is better for the rogue than getting an opener, stunlocking for damage, and then seeing his blind get wasted because of stoneform.

You clearly are a pvp god.

Lol “Let’s be clear… ‘continues to ramble off nonsense I am not saying’”

I am arguing that the traits you get as other classes for priest are way better than any opener you will ever get as a nelf. Read that last sentence over and over again until it gets stuck in your stupid head.

Yeah, I got that about 10 posts ago. I am still of the opinion that reliably getting an opener in pvp, ESPECIALLY against a rogue, is far more valuable than any other racial ability.

That’s why getting an opener with Shadowmeld is HARD. You can’t move. You have to wait. Most people can’t do that and it’s not applicable to most situations.

1 Like

Wow what a thread. As for the Spriest Troll vs. Undead debate, honestly the differences are minimal and fully situational, but I’d go with Undead.

First, both Shadowguard and Touch of Weakness can proc Blackout, one just has additional charges. I don’t see either as being anything more than dispel protection/blackout procs.

DP costs a colossal amount of mana (almost 1k), and usually ppl use IF on it, but I don’t consider that wasteful because:

• Mind Blast crits at 1.5x, which is not much extra damage. Even with 600+ spell damage you’re only going to crit for 1500. Certainly not a nuke considering it’s on an 8s cd.
  • Inner Focus only gives 25% increased crit, not 100% (that’s a Cata change iirc)
  • Spriests consider spell crit to be the weakest stat because Mind Blast is the only spell (aside from Touch of Weakness and Shadowguard) that can crit, and as mentioned the crit damage is low. Therefore it’s entirely avoided and you’ll sit at very low crit to begin with. IF will prob knock you up to 30-35% at most when you’re fully geared.

DP is great for that bit of extra damage on fleeing enemies and stealthies, and it heals from both its own damage and VE, allowing you to survive melee from classes like Rogues. It is vulnerable to cleanse but Spriest is entirely vulnerable to dispels anyway; it’s our weakness.

Hex is great when healers are present and pretty much worthless when they’re not. Situational spell. It also does not stack with Mortal Strike, and it’s very rare to not have an Arms warrior on your team.

Berserking is 100% useless - Haste in Vanilla only affects casted spells, it does not affect channels or DoTs. Mind Blast is already at a 1.5s cast, it has a CD, and haste also does not lower the GCD in vanilla. The only use I’d see is in a panic for healing, but you still have to manually drop shadowform (this eats a GCD) first, and you have to assume you’ll even have the mana for healing when damage spells eat so much as is.

WotF is also really, really good and provides so much more benefit when it comes to objectives (we all know how many times we’ve been feared far from an escaping EFC).

Anyway, the only race I’d consider above all for PvP is Orc solely because of their 25% stun resist, but unfortunately priests cannot be orcs. We’d be broken if we could anyway with 40% stun resist.

DP also suffers from the 50% spell coefficient hybrid spells have. Shadowguard will scale much better and as said before will proc blackout from each proc.

It’s a ranged mortal strike. Lasts 2 min. What’s not to love? Try not to focus too hard on the box for this one otherwise you can’t see that it is the single greatest racial. Pro tip, you only need rank 1.

As a shadow priest you are a hybrid. You are supposed to heal. 10-20% haste can be a matter of life and death and you are saying it isn’t worth using? You also don’t have to be in shadowform 24/7.

There are so many cc that can keep you from an EFC that WotF isn’t worth using for that most of the time. Reducing heals by 20% can be just as effective. Besides, with shadow protection and iron will you have a good chance of resisting that fear in the first place.

Still only one person besides myself that understands the greatness that is Feedback. Oh well, you guys can stick to your stealth and DR nullifying Fear Ward

Trolls are the coolest of Horde and Dwarfs are damn sexy.

1 Like

Shadow priest only have 2 methods to heal themselves while in shadow form with VE and bandages, undead has 4 ways with DP and cannibal also.

You increase your survivablility and don’t waste mana with dropping in and out of shadow form.

UD is superior for pvp.

1 Like

Undead had Devouring Plague and shadow resistance. And could cannibalize enemies. Access to additional healing on top of vampiric embrace healing… tasty.

Dwarves were the best only because of Fear Ward and Desperate Prayer. Making them almost crucial. which to remind that fear ward could be added faster than its CD?

It lasted longer than the cooldown so you could potentially use it twice in a row.

1 Like

More likely than not, you would use it twice in a row. I believe it had a 10min duration and a 30 second cooldown. You always had it resting on you as part of your buff rotation, so unless you happen to JUST reapply it before fighting a priest or a warlock then you got to use it twice. Which is better than WoTF because using wotf interrupts your cast whether you preemptively hit it or actually get fear and are forced to use it, fear ward negates all of this.

3 Likes

Damn I was remembering when they nerfed it to a 2 min cooldown. Ya, it’s a 30 sec. cooldown. The only negative is that the warded fear doesn’t affect diminishing returns.

Man, I am going to have to change my Feedback love to fear ward for that short cooldown. I will still take make a human priest though. Making hunters cry just beats everything.

Does feedback work with ranged attacks? Just curious I have never rolled a human priest. I thought it was just spells so I never bothered looking into it because spriests already destroy casters.

Dwarf Priest - Fear Ward. If play alliance priest, it should be dwarf.

Arcane shot, concussive shot, serpent sting, viper sting, wyvern sting, and per tick of volley. Aimed shot and multi shot are unaffected. Scatter shot I am on the fence for because the times I noticed it were high stress and it’s possible I was misread the situation. It was excellent because I burned them faster than they could burn me.

Feedback is also excellent in AV at stalemates because AoE channelled spells activate it per tick.

shots fired.

Dang Straight.

Dwarf master race.

If I roll a priest, you’ll see me on the battle lines, hordies.

Sorry for the necro, didn’t realize it was 11 days ago.