Dwarf and Troll are the best spriest races

Yes, Shadowguard can proc blackout. It’s a fantastic racial with 100% uptime. So much better than Devouring Plague. Not even close.

By the way, someone earlier mentioned nelfs getting Starshards. Starshards is a channel in Vanilla. Why would an spriest ever channel that over mind flay? The answer is they wouldn’t.

3 Likes

100% agree.

2 Likes

It is the same cooldown which is why undead spriest were the most feared thing in vanilla.

Depends on your gear; 10% is massive if you’re a healer.

Sure they would if they can count. That kick is coming off cd, hit starshards to get it interrupted and that leaves the 2 schools you actually care about unblocked…

If I remember right it’s considered Arcane school and there is a very good reason to hard cast that school to eat a counter spell, pummel, kick or earth shock and then hard cast in the face of danger what you like.

Most players are kinda stupid and so will kick any cast; especially handy vs botters.

Or you could just cast a heal if you get kicked on a shadow spell or use a shadow spell if you get kicked on a heal. You don’t need both healing and shadow spells up at the same time during the duration of a kick.

Or you know, juke the kick like a real pvper. If a rogue is bad enough to kick a star shard cast, he is bad enough for it not to matter what spell I get kicked on anyway.

Hard to juke a bot, that’s why I mentioned it.

Bots are basically dead in WoW now. I will give blizzard one thing, they cracked down on how they catch combat routine bots. Also, if someone has a bot to kick, that bot isn’t going To kick starshards

with the 7.3.5 framework, we shouldn’t be seeing many bots. Wod and before is when bots were “good”

1 Like

It is good for healers, but I am focusing on spriests specifically

The thing that defeats your entire argument is in a 1v1 duel an undead priest would beat a troll priest thus making undead the superior race

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a much larger portion of the player base play a priest now. Seems like a highly talked about subject in terms of classic.

Guess I need to think about reincarnating my Druid instead.

See you all on the battlefield.

1 Like

What? No… absolutely no. Troll wins this. UD doesn’t get crit mindblast. UD DP is mega worthless with cleanse. Troll also has an MS. WotF is useless in this duel because a troll shouldn’t ever even be trying to fear the UD because of it and if the UD goes for a fear on them they can just mind flay to slow them and if they start getting close they just have to run away. Easy. If it’s a bad troll vs a bad UD then ya the UD will win. But if both players are skilled the troll wins.

So maybe for you, you should roll undead so you can compete with people at your level

Also can’t forget how many people panick and forget they have a cleanse in pvp. Human error.

Engineering adds some fun possibilities as well. My vote is just roll what ever race you like the most.

A dedicated dwarf priest who is having fun and intimate with their class, will beat trolls and undead all day.

Of course the top percentage of players is a different conversation entirely.

Which ties down to inexperience in pvp. If you are panicking in a duel you haven’t dueled that often or not confident in what you are suppose to do.

But I do agree, you should play what you want and if you really love DP and undead traits then 100% do undead! These are just conversations about min maxing

1 Like

I’ve always been envious over stoneform tho.

Dwarf master race. I feel like stone form is way underrated for most classes IMO.

Only underrated to people who aren’t avid pvp lovers. It’s literally the best racial considering how important it is to get off poisons and bleeds and the armor.

100% agreed. So much outplay potential. I’ll be rolling dwarf rogue :fire: