Dusty Tome De-spawn after use (even with a Compendium inside)

I looted a Dusty Tome in DM:East and it was empty (as in no loot at all) when I stopped looting it de-spawned instantly. GM Confirmed it contained a Forror’s Compendium (I have already completed the quest so I was unable to see the book) but did not address it instantly de-spawning.

Are dusty tome’s the only containers in the game that de-spawn when there is still loot inside?

The other warrior in my group should/would have taken it if he was allowed to loot it.

If I loot a chest and take only one thing out but leave one thing still in there the chest stays behind. Why did the dusty tome containing a rare/valuable item instantly despawn?

Not sure if I can link to my post on reddit about this but I have screenshots of the GM conversation and/or ticket number available.

I have not done the quel quest but I have gotten 1 empty dusty tome. I am wondering if I got screwed on it and it was supposed to be a forors. I am a warrior as well, I have held a foror’s but not done the quest.

There’s a chest in the BRD vaults that has the same functionality, it despawns after it’s opened and closed again, only the first person who loots it has any chance at getting what’s inside.

Just replied in one of the other threads:

TLDR;
Do Not auto loot Dusty Tomes, shift click instead