Duskytooth Snooter

I saw a lot of comments on wowhead and warcraft pets stating that they found their Duskytooth Snooter and Yellow Junkhopper at the Rustbolt area in Operation: Mechagon. Even saw a guide video on YouTube showing Duskytooth spawning in the instance, along with other battle-able pets.

The thing is, I’ve been in 3 lockouts (30 solo instances), 2 group run, and I have yet to find any pets that are able to battle in the Rustbolt area. Am I doing anything wrong?

And also I’ve been killing Rustyroot Snooter in Fleeting Forest for 6 hours now (4 hours day and 2 hours night), still haven’t found any Duskytooth spawning.

This is really depressing and I feel like I shouldn’t waste any more of my time on this, but it’s the only part left to complete the Team Aquashock achievement and I really want Kelpfin.

Can someone give me any tips?

If trying to force spawn outside the instance is getting tiring, you could make a /tar macro and spam it when flying over the island (having flight unlocked makes this even easier). Make sure you have the option to show target turned on for your minimap, note where it is, and head to that spot after you’ve landed.

I found that was the best solution for me. Macro spam every now and then instead of trying to force one to pop up.

Honestly I think they patched it because I went in and out of the dungeon probably 20 times and never saw a battle pet that wasn’t inside the instant death area.

Maybe a mage or something could teleport out quick enough to start the battle but as DK I just get nuked before getting close. FYI the pets were where the outdoors version has the horde ship to zuldazar.

I was using macros and patrolling from the fishing lady to the top of the waterfall where the water element boss hang out. Considering how everyone found their Duskytooth in between one to two hours, I think not able to find one for five hours might be a bug or something. Or maybe someone found the Duskytooth first and decided to catch it before I get there, but it’s unlikely since I spent two hours looking for it on midnight (in-game time) when almost nobody was online.

Basically I did was go into the instance look for battle pets near the water edge were ally flight point is…if none there leave instance and reset it…do that over and over till you hit too many instances message…then wait an hour and do it again…took me awhile to finally get spawns to show at the waters edge…you do this inside the dungeon for those two pets.

i got all 3 by just turning on warmode. you might have better luck that way.

Found two within 20 minutes on the night after I post this! I did what I did before, using macro and patrol between the fishing lady to the waterfall.

The first Duskytooth magically phased out because I went pass the top of the waterfall and I phased into WM, and then I found another after another 10 minutes (edit: found both on top of the waterfall).

So, watch out for the waterfall when you’re patrolling.

^ I wasn’t able to post this comment that day, forum told me to wait another user to participate because posting another comment.