Durotar 8.2.5 datamined

3 Likes

Interesting. Assuming the highlighted area is the relevant part. If so, it is oddly shaped for a battlefront. Perhaps just some sort of scenario?

it seems to be part of the war campaign, and possibly has something to do with saurfang

Well, that’s Tirigarde keep down at the bottom. Makes you wonder- maybe some Kul’tirans will get ambitious. That said, the map itself looks the same in that area- you can see the grounded ships and ruined structures in the area.

1 Like

As far as I can see, it’s identical to what is currently in-game. Not super sure what it implies.

1 Like

my theory is that this map is related to the brewfest.

but if it is tiragarde keep and is being rebuilded by kultiras that would be great.

3 Likes

apparently the brewfest stuff is already in game, or at least i am told

Night elves go on a bloody rush from Teldrassil up until the gates of orgimmar, yay!

And other jokes you can tell yourself

2 Likes

Perhaps a cinematic involving the shore like Saurfang walking across the beach? Or perhaps better-- Rexxar talking to Jania.

The writers threw the alliance fleet down Nazjatar so it’s unlikely for the alliance to reach Durotar.

Well brewfest starts next week, I dont think the patch is coming next week

It’s the opposite. He clarifies here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2420660-BfA-Patch-Speculation-thread-(8-3-and-later)?p=51603118&viewfull=1#post51603118

The parts of the map that are in color are untouched, whereas everything grayed out is encrypted and thus has likely been changed in 8.2.5.

2 Likes

Hmm!

Well, that certainly opens things up. The entire area save the coastline and the city itself. That could be damn near anything then. Warfront, open world phasing, whatever else.

I’m leaning towards a Warfront, as there’s apparently been mention of a Warfront: Durotar in the files for awhile now.

They didn’t update every inch of Darkshore when they put the Warfront in, did they?

I believe it means the other way around. The person notes that the other tiles, that aren’t a part of this key, aren’t a part of it because they have new assets that don’t match that of original Durotar.

God, can we just… not mess around with Orgrimmar/Durotar this time? Is it really necessary to play MoP that down to the hilt?

14 Likes

too late for that, there is a war campaign map in orgrimmar cemetery

2 Likes

That’s an odd one. Was there more details?

mmo-champion datamined two war campaign maps in the first build of the ptr, dranosh’ar blockade and orgrimmar cemetery, i know nothing else

1 Like

I recall ages ago that champion released Zekhan death sounds so perhaps it could be related?

all the voiced npcs have death sounds

1 Like