Dungeon/Raid Finder Call to Arms bags

Do people still see LFR/LFG call to arms bags for any non-current raids?

Anecdotally I have friends that try to queue for raids like Eternal Palace and have hour-plus wait times, but I literally never see a call to arms for older BFA raids.

I noticed this back when Dazar’alor first came out, but thought maybe I was just not paying attention. I’m curious now though, did the system change in BFA? I used to basically chain run older raids as a healer or tank because it was an easy way to make some good money. Now I have basically no incentive to run older raids in LFR, though.

Anyone else have any info on this? I tried to find any blue posts or information on if this had changed between Legion and BFA (it was certainly a thing in WoD, since I chain ran Highmaul for easy gold then), but it seems like the bags just vanished for older raids when BFA came out. Seems a shame to let content just wither on the vine like that, particularly for transmog hunters and with stuff like essences being locked behind old content.

1 Like

My understanding is is related to the number of people queued waiting for a tank/healer. If there’s not enough queued to fill a group then there will be no call to arms.

Sure, I get that’s how it works conceptually. But going from seeing it regularly in WoD/Legion to never on BFA seems like there might have been an intentional change in how it works.

It exists to pull people into the roles for groups that are less popular. But no CTA for tanks when I had a friend wait for one for over an hour for Eternal Palace seems pretty suspicious when no CTA happened.

I’ve seen it a few times for tanks and healers on current lfr wings.

I may be wrong, but doesn’t the CTA only activate if the other roles are being filled in high demand resulting in a role specific bottleneck (likely across multiple groups)? For the older LFR content (EP), it may be that not enough people in general are queuing rapidly enough to flag the content to enable the CTA.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m saying.

I play tank/healer in raids and always look for the CTA flag for Eternal Palace raids so I can make some gold while grinding aqueous reliquaries. I haven’t seen it available for at least a couple weeks.

Content was made obsolete faster when going from WOD to legion. Older raids still had some life in legion because of legendary farming, tier sets and good transmog (relative to BFA).

BFA has none of that so old raids are dead as soon as something new and tasty comes out. Again blizzard only has themselves to blame.

1 Like

The only wings of LFR that are relatively quick to fill up are the final wing of BoD (G.M.O.D chance off Jaina), the 2nd wing of BoD for alliance (kill Rastakhan quest) and the final wing of Uldir for Horde (Kill G’huun quest for the Vol’jin chain).

Any other wing seems like it is dead, which is a shame.

Do those bags still drop mounts? I remember getting one of the EoE mounts a long time ago and it was cool. I feel like they don’t, but would be fun if they added that back

I would assume not. All mounts are personal loot now from the boss tables.

1 Like