Dumbest boss mechanic

My champion is Vaelastrasz Burning Adrenaline.
Random raid player just killed by a game.

What’s the worst mechanic on your opinion? Any xpac.

At least Burning Adrenaline did something cool for the person before they died.

In Everquest, Death Touches just happened. The tank would just die when ever the boss decided…some times it was a random proc on melee attack.

5 Likes

Heigan teleporting people to the end of that tunnel. its extremely difficult to make it back to the boss room alive

3 Likes

You can just insta hearth and survive burning adrenaline, then get summoned back. The worst is that stupid safety dance on Heigan in Naxx, for sure.

As opposed to Argus that killed everyone.

:cactus:

relates to a few bosses, not just one, but i’m not a fan of vehicular boss fights (like malygos or the first boss in ulduar).

5 Likes

Medivh cheating.

4 Likes

Nefarian’s Hunter call. It’s so boring. Drop Repair Bot before pulling.

The Rogue call would probably be more amusing for Hunters.

Shazzrah Arcane Explosion mechanic is pretty bad. A fight where you literally can’t have your melee engage the boss at all unless you incredibly outgear the content.

3 Likes

Soccer game for Xanesh in Ny’alotha. Mini game that you can’t help with and will wipe the raid for a single mistake.

Lich King’s Defile.

Not because the mechanic itself was awful, though. I actually liked the concept for it. The problem is that it was the ultimate Idiot Check mechanic.

Most Idiot Checks are a “Dont stand in this or you die but everyone else is fine” kind of deal. You screw it up, you’re the only one who gets punished. Defile on the other hand might as well have read: “Places a Defile under the dumbest person in the raid group every single freaking time. After a two second delay, kill everyone in the raid”.

1 Like

Just hearth brah

Legion KJ

Basically all of him. Meteors,fireballs,knockbacks,darkness. It all sucked

1 Like

No way. That mechanic was awesome. It was glorious to watch all the baddies continually fail at a mechanic that can be mastered within minutes.

In fairness it wasn’t always their fault. Lag was a real thing back in the day, and the bad zones didn’t show up at certain levels of particle view that some people couldn’t do in a 40 main raid.

For the main question, my vote is Patchwerk. When the only mechanics are 1) hit the tank, and 2) hit the other tank, the fight is rather straightforward. I know he’s a gear check so the healers and dps have a given throughput but it still fits the question.

2 Likes

14% parry.

Eranikus sleep imo

2 Likes

Says the guy that never raided naxx and prob started playing in mop. shush poser.

Are you nuts, safety dance is fun as hell

1 Like

Double fire blossom, no debating it.