Dumb question

How do I find out if I have Battle of Azeroth? I think when I sign on to play, it shows that I do…not on my home computer at the moment. I am pretty sure it automatically updated/downloaded it. I first began playing when they just released Mist of Pandora. So when I downloaded the game, that is the one that downloaded. If that makes sense.

I want to know before I spend the money to purchase BoA.

I plan on getting a Vulpera; so I know I must reach level 120 and have installed the Battle of Azeroth.

for the record…I am not trolling; I really do need help with this. It may seem easy to a more seasoned player, but I’m still learning.

Please help, once you stop laughing at my ignorance. LOL

You can see what version you have when you are on the Battle.net launcher app. If you have BfA, the WoW logo will be the specific “Battle for Azeroth” one. If you don’t, it will just have the generic WoW logo. Also, if you have more than one account (sometimes people end up with an extra starter account even if they’ve only use one account) you’ll have a drop down menu with account names that will specifically tell you if you have Battle for Azeroth. (If you don’t, it will just say “World of Warcraft.”)

Assuming you do a digital purchase from the shop, it won’t let you upgrade the same account twice. So, if it lets you buy BfA, you didn’t already have it. (Again, just make sure you’ve got the right account and don’t accidentally upgrade an inactive starter account.)

Now, as for what you downloaded, you have the whole game installed regardless of if you have BfA or not. Starter accounts, base accounts, BfA accounts, and Shadowlands preorder accounts all download and run the exact same game client. What expansion level the account is at just controls what content you can access.

The base game (which just requires game time or a subscription — no other purchases) lets you play up to 110, and access all content through Legion.

Upgrading to Battle for Azeroth gets you access to Zandalar and Kul Tiras, as well as the ability to level to 120. It is also needed to access Allied races.

Pre-ordering Shadowlands gets you access to Death Knights for Allied races and Pandaren.

If you want a Vulpera you need to level or boost a horde character. I think another way to tell you have BFA is if you can make level 110 trial characters. See this thread of Vulpera unlock requirements.

1 Like

I believe (though I won’t swear to this) that the easiest way to tell which expansion you’re on is the loading screen. If you’re looking at the battlefield of Lordaeron with the two helmets, you have BfA.

If you only have up through Legion, you should still be looking at Varian battling the demon on the Broken Shore as the game opens.

1 Like

I just checked on an account that isn’t upgraded, and I still see the Battle for Azeroth login screen. (Which I realized would have to be the case as they don’t know if an account is upgraded until after you’re logged in!)

Once logged in and at the character screen, the logo in the corner of the screen is different. (A BfA account has the BfA logo, while the non-upgraded one had the regular WoW logo.) I haven’t pre-ordered Shadowlands, so I don’t know if that changes the logo as well.

1 Like

The loading screen changes depending on where your character logged out. Log out your 120 in Stormwind, you’ll see the Eastern Kingdoms loading screen, in Dalaran you’ll see WotLK or Legion (depending on which Dal you’re in).

On the Battle dot net app you will see a green button that says “Upgrade Available.” Clicking on that will bring you to the store which will show you what you can purchase for the account you’re logged in on. You’ll either both BfA and Shadowlands or just Shadowlands if you’ve already got BfA.

The background of the app will also be different. It will be black if you have BfA, blue if you don’t, not sure about Shadowlands as I haven’t pre-purchased yet.

1 Like

i think they were talking about the splash screen which loads when you log in… not the loading screen.

the app should show the current account level next to the play button.

1 Like

thanks everyone; when I signed on last night I saw it…… the words Battle of Azeroth, so it did download. I have trust issues with computers. LOL

Anacrussys, I did finally boost a new Horde character; so now I just have to go through all of those quests ! Wish me luck. I wish I wasn’t so impatient :stuck_out_tongue: