Dumb m+ ragequit stories

Share your funny/stupid/sad stories of people ruining keys.

A guildie told me about a +15 key he was in where he was on pace to complete the key on time. One of the dps was from Quel’thalas which is a Latin America server. Halfway through the key, the tank suddenly quits, citing the dps from Quel’thalas as the reason. “Cannot communicate with someone who can’t speak English”, he says.

Thing is, the player was communicating in English. His weakauras were in Spanish, but it wasn’t interfering with the run.

Imagine ruining a key, that was going to be on time, just to take a racist stand.

I’m guessing the tank was telling the Quel’thalas player what to do, and that player wasn’t doing it. The tank blamed language, but perhaps he was just being ignored, maybe rightly.

My group was doing a key last week and a couple of them wanted to nail on it because “there is no way we time this now”. Convinced them to try and we timed it by 7 seconds. It was our first timed 22 lol. A bit different but still funny.

1 Like

Hosted a workshop 16 a few weeks ago on my prot pally. I invited a 3k holy pally because I was desperate and impatient for a healer (big mistake). We clear the arena trash and the boss easily with no deaths, as far as I could tell. We jump down the garbage chute and I see the disconnect icon on the holy pally. He never comes back so there’s about a 99.99999999999999% chance it was not a connection issue. He got bored or we didn’t do picture perfect execution like insert his premade group he runs with where he got his 3k scores or I breathed incorrectly to his unknown preferences. I wish there was another side to tell to this story but there was not.

That was the last time I invited mains or alts of people with scores significantly higher than what I’m hosting. If I get something like a 3k applicants to a +16-18 now I just simply reply with “goodbye mr. 3k, you won’t troll this run”.

4 Likes

Generally 2 types of those type of players i have seen and also ran with. First is an alt of the 3k which does not play it probably nowhere near as good as his main. 2nd i have ran with is when they are helping a friends, those are kind of fun and cool runs, because as a healer, he generally is a pretty elite tank and fly’s through it quick but def. not the easiest to keep up but def fun lol.

Outside of those 2, if someone just randomly that high que’s for your 15/16 it’s either he’s bored, needs something from that dungeon still or just trolling, that’s a chance you take if you take him though.

That’s a heck of an assumption there. Especially of he wasn’t making any comments before hand.

The vast majority of M+ rage quitters will say nothing before they mysteriously pull the plug.

You host enough groups and you simply just know.

Apparently admitting you don’t like the group and just hitting “leave party” is too much of a feat for players to accomplish. The ones doing it must think I have an IQ of 10 and actually believe they are having connection issues.

1 Like

Seriously its 2020, who actually has an internet explode anymore ?
I simply don’t believe any wow excuses anymore, the truth is that… they don’t want to do it.
for me the dumbest one is when the tank pulls like way too much then gets mad, and leaves
its a random pug… is 1 dude at a time so much to ask for? waste your own time by applying, doing some dungeon, leave.

I want to live in the world you live in

3 Likes

lol well Australia is very far away connecting to united states, that’s a different story

1 Like

The point is that someone that ragequits on me just for the lulz because he’s way above my level is literally useless to me. He/she is not there anymore, so they contribute literally nothing. At that point a “I just do one 15 a week” is a superstar compared to a garbage troll like that.

Anyways I just hosted another group and again I said to someone in the group “no high score trolls”, they freaked out and left saying “whatever dude”. I will not compromise for high score people that are bored and want to use my runs for their playground.

It’s like me taking my 2.2k toons into a random +10 and demanding the gameplay I see in my 16-18 runs. It’s completely delusional and it would blow up in my face. Stick to your lane and if you venture outside what your’e used to then drop your expectations by A LOT.

The behavior I describe is also heavily skewed towards certain classes/specs. It seems every fire mage I meet these days above 2k is piloted by a 12 year old who demands “WTF TANK PULL AROUND MY COMBUSTION BRO” while they dance around yell macroing “OMG I’M ABOUT TO BUST”, while the AOE under their feet goes off and 1 shots them.

2 Likes

The Oce servers are in Sydney. It’s more our cobbled together unreliable and garbage infrastructure. I’ve never had issues but guildies sometimes do

Had to pug a tank for a run listed as “Chill 15 ToS”.
We make it to Snek boss with no deaths and plenty of time.
Tanks boss in the middle of the room, 2 phases later the whole floor is green, dps falls off because our melee guys couldnt get back to the boss very fast while avoiding the green puke.
Ends in our first wipe of the dungeon.
Tank bails.
The only response when whispered was, “no damage, no heals, I dont have all day”
It was another one of those 3k io tanks dropping into our lowbie weekly key and we weren’t as good as his premade or what have you.

No sweat, we just dont pug any spot we can’t live without anymore.
There have been a few 4 man keys run since for rando leavers.
Our 5th for our usual group is on hiatus until SL.

1 Like

Tank quit a +10 junkyard run because the other two DPS in the group besides myself kept dying to avoidable mechanics.

Which I can understand, but he left before the last pull before the last boss.

And still would have timed.

I don’t get it.

1 Like

This scenario actually just happened yesterday. I was on a pretty good roll after hopping on right after reset. Got a +12 FH and +2’d it, got a +14 Work and +2’d it. Then…I got to +16 UR. I’m at 1.5k IO, haven’t even been able to time a 15 yet, but I wanted to give it a try. Well, I listed it and a bunch of 3k IO players join. I was hyped up because I thought they would know what they’re doing and I could finally beat a 15+ key. Well, we did first boss and they all just…left. No explanation, nothing. We were doing perfect on time and %. I have come to the conclusion that UR is just cursed for me. I have never had a particularly good run and the only times I’ve experienced leavers is in this dungeon. Now I’m sitting on a +15 UR and I don’t even know if I’m gonna try and go for it this week.

We pugged a ragequit tank for an 18 temple last week. We had been doing keys in the 16-18 range to gear up on of our group’s alts while waiting for our group’s normal tank to get on to do higher keys.

The tank, who didn’t want to get in Discord, took the second obelisk to the far side of Merektha’s room. He popped out and grabbed the trash right there, then the pat, and then the rest of the room while running away from what he had already pulled. He had like three riders, five tenders and three incubators, just straight running in circles, spinning cleaves everywhere, and out ranging the healer.

After the inevitable wipe he typed out, “Sorry maybe don’t carry hunter” and then left the group. We didn’t need the key, so no real harm…was just kind of annoying that he blamed “the hunter” for it and left.

2 Likes

I got 2 and they both take place in the UR.

1st Story: I tanked a 6+ and we kept wiping on 3rd boss because no one knows how to the the mushroom mechanic on that fight. After the 3rd wipe i just said screw this and left. didn’t regret it.

2nd story: Similar experience, however the whole run the disc priest did nothing but B**ch and moan the whole run for nothing. So i pull the 3rd boss and at the same time i pulled i dc’ed. The priest says in chat “I’m out” and drops group. At the same time I’m kinda glad i got dc’ed because i was gonna leave anyway because i was getting tired of listening to this crappy healers mouth.

I had a tank ragequit because our disc priest was dpsing mobs

He went off about how the priest signed up as heals and was running a dps spec, then left

We all just stood there with question marks, then started laughing

1 Like

He would not last in FFXIV.

several players in south america have had problems trying to play wow, their internet connection would work just fine, but the routing would be weird af, resulting in, at least 1000 ms or DCs, I remember back in Legion we had a full month where the game was 100% unplayable (and this also happened to US players, to a lesser extent)

heck, it may not even be a problem with the routing or their internet connection not working at all, it may be a power outage, software problems or even a simple bug in the game, like Demon Hunter’s eye beam provoking a DC (this happened to me, multiple times, in both legion and BfA)