Dumb endings that you think will happen

The same was said about who burned teldrassil, nothing is too obvious

10 Likes

The heroes of the Alliance and Horde all rush to kill N’zoth because Octopusy :octopus: Old God is bad business.

Oddly enough Sylvanas helps…using the blade as means to weaken him while we do the job. A few savvy ones feel something is wrong with this “change of character” of hers, but none the wiser they keep clubbing the squid :muscle:.

He dies. :skull:

And with him dies the curse of flesh… meaning we all die except the Undead and Sylvanas.

She stares, the only figure standing in a wasteland made of millions of corpses, watching with a Harley Quinn self satisfied grin, drumming her fingers in anticipation she says;

Oh dear, from where should I start”.- Just as she turns around looking down she sees a face with an expression of incredulity forever rooted on the face.

"Ahh, there you are little Lion!"

3 Likes

wasn’t the curse of flesh yogg’sarons dealio?

Ohh bummer, I guess you are right. With all the whispers going on and N’zoth all about gifts and flesh I’m a bit looney at this point.

Let’s just… pretend with him being the last one, all gifts fall like domino. If blizzard can retcon why can’t I?

1 Like

also not everyone is the result of the curse of flesh, elves and trolls and dragons are natural who were made by eonar or used to be elementals have no curse of flesh

1 Like

This one made me chuckle

1 Like

This could be a really amazing expansion. Like, you wake up in an empty room, and the only thing on you is a smartphone. You use it to unlock the doors and leave, and find yourself in an uncharted wilderness. You find that all of the various races tried stopping Sylvanas - even going so far as to use superweapons like the Vindicaar - in the process, but ultimately failed. In a move seen by no one, Sylvanas used her blight powers to take over and corrupt the weapons, killing the racial leaders who were operating them. The only survivor is Anduin, who has stayed in Stormwind Keep keeping Sylvanas at bay for the past 100 years. So, to save Anduin from Calamity Sylvanas, you have to go to all corners of the map and reclaim the superweapons that were captured by Sylvanas and then confront her.

Oh, and your weapon now breaks after 15 uses or spellcasts.

7 Likes

I’m givin’ you a like purely for the Samurai Jack reference.

3 Likes

It turns out its been a dream all along, and we are now just waking up from crashing on the Broken Shore.

3 Likes

In the final patch of BFA we have Siege of Orgrimmar 2. That’s literally what the raid is called. It’s just SoO but undead themed. Apothecaries are torturing and experimenting on civilians in the streets. The raid is also the same layout though at the beginning you’re in Tirisfal instead of the Vale.

Sylvanas is arrested instead of killed, because the Zandalari have suffered more than the Alliance and Horde. There’s a trial held in Zandalar by the Loa. This is detailed in the pre-xpac book, “Death Crimes”. Sylvanas is broken out by an Infinite Dragon and is taken to the past of an alternate Lordaeron so he can make an infinite army of Scourge to fight the Void Lords. Sylvanas kills him.

The next xpac is called Generals of Lordaeron. Sylvanas uses the Living Alliance to get revenge, the Generals being heroes such as Arthas, Uther, Jaina, Antonidas, Garithos, members of the Silver Hand, etc. The portal to the present day is powered by necromancy magic fueled by the imprisoned Kel’Thuzad, Dar’khan Drathir, and Darkmaster Gandling, who we have to hunt after freeing them when we invade Lordaeron with Med’an. Arthas is the leader and Sylvanas is killed in a scenario, with Alliance working with Arathi Humans who are against the Living Alliance and the Horde working with High Elves that were enslaved for labor lead by the young Kael’thas (who present day Rommath is in a relationship with during beta) after Anasterian sacrifices himself later on, which paves the way for them to be an Allied Race a couple expansions later. Generals of Lordaeron ends with Kel’Thuzad escaping to our time to invade us with his Undead, that expansion being called “Scourge”.

It turns out to be a huge morality play and the players are made to feel bad about ever wanting to fight each other and the factions are dissolved.

1 Like

Tbh, I fail to see how this is a bad thing if it has the proper buildup.

At this point in the story, that would be the only good thing to happen, ironically enough. Cataclysm all over again.

Pretty much my thoughts, exactly. We need to retcon everything from WoD onwards.

Okay seriously I get that night elf fans are legitimately bummed by the story right now it’s objectively bad very rushed and doesn’t make a damned bit of sense but the suggestions from this fan base when given the floor to suggest how it could be better is always the same. The night elves god mode the entirety of the horde and show that they are the most powerful race in the entirety of the game completely ignoring the lore of every other race. It gets old after a while man.

2 Likes

We’re halfway through the expac, and all Nathanos has done is just be snarky with the Alliance. The bit with Night Warrior went over poorly, and he did absolutely nothing in BoD other than yell at the player and get ice blocked by Jaina. They’re kinda running out of time to build him up.

Also, he’s always going to suffer from being a downgraded version of Sylvanas.

My gripe with Thrall redeeming the Horde for a second time is it basically paints the Horde as incapable of functioning without him. I’m also generally not a fan of the ashamed honor horde story, which Thrall is very much a part of now.

1 Like

To be fair, he saved the horde players with his dark arrow interrupt, that cancelled jaina’s trap that was about to frezee and kill them all.

What would you rather, we get killed some more by the Horde?

1 Like

Hold on now. Let’s not be too hasty.

Warlords of Draenor had very enjoyable leveling, art, and (some) lore. And I really enjoyed Legion gameplay, too. The class halls and relics? Fantastic!

We should retcon the stuff after Legion. Oh wait.

1 Like

I agree with most of the sentiment in the forum, at this stage there’s really nothing that will be a good ending, they’ve screwed up most chances to save the story by outcasting all Horde leaders apart from Sylv. But to be honest I am not surprised they’ve sort of butchered the story, I mean this comes from the story-tellers who completely destroyed Garrosh’s character and Vol’jin’s character, two of (arguably) the most important Horde lore figures next to Thrall and Baine (who essentially started the Horde).

I have a feeling it’ll be something along the lines of: Sylv will have all along been playing the Alliance AND the Horde. Her goal wasn’t simply to destroy the Alliance, it was to destroy all factions and raise them, with her as the ‘god-queen’ essentially. We already see that she is power-hungry and will do anything to bolster the ranks of the foresaken, even if it means killing other members of the Horde to raise them. She has done this multiple times; during MoP, at the Wrathgate, during the siege of Lorderon (most recent), killing her own forces at The Gathering etc… Anyways, she’ll be in league for herself, with the help of Azshara (who is arguably more cunning and deceitful than Sylv, she did after all trick Kael’Thas into serving Illidan) we take her and Azshara down as final raid bosses not before Azshara has a chance to free N’Zoth, and like the Legion expansion ended we sacrifice our OP artefact necklace and once again close N’Zoth’s eyes so he can’t corrupt the world. Plot-twist though, once N’Zoth was awaken, the other void beings finally have a tether to Azeroth and can begin their invasion leading into the next Xpac which will be Void themed.

1 Like

I’m not talking about gameplay, the story was garbage in both those expansions. Garrosh and Vol’jin shouldn’t have died, Sylvanas should never been made Warchief in a million years, and Illidan’s resurrection was pointless.

3 Likes

Its revealed that Sylvanas’ afterlife that she’s been so terrified of (and that she’s gone full on Arthas to escape) was a lie. A real place, but one she was never destined to go to; and instead (like Vol’jin and Illidan) she was dragged into that hell by Helya (who benefits from pushing Sylvie in a specific direction). This would explain the random Kvaldir all over Northrend that served absolutely no purpose to the plot. Sylvie’s Val’kyr are also playing her for a fool, which explains why they seemingly offered her a FAR too good to be true deal to escape “Hell”.

Long story short, just like Sylvie has a long history of using others for personal gains (largely by instilling them with faulty motivations), Sylvie herself is being used as a tool (unknowingly) by an entity that has given her a motivation just as faulty (and we wont realize this until Sylvie has fulfilled what that entity wanted her to do). Essentially, Sylvie seeing the “World as it Really Is” (like she states in A Good War) is actually Sylvie “Seeing the World as Someone Wants her to see it” (and capitalizes by pushing Sylvanas in the direction that “tale” compelled her to go).

EDIT: As a side note, none of the souls of those that have died in this war (save only for those that the Horde PC has killed under their contract with Bwon) have ended up in their destined ever-after. Instead, “The Crows grow fat on Sheep Flesh” (and as Bwon has indicated, a Death Entities powers are proportional to the number of souls they have within their domain). Sylvanas is under a similar contract to that of the Horde PC; just for a very different (cranky) death being.

2 Likes