Please take this down

When someone points out to you they aren’t a dude, they’re definitely a guy.

43 Likes

imagine going on a mini-rant like that, and not knowing that “dudette” is a word.

31 Likes

The only time I had friends say that was because they learned another language first. So to them “Dude” is very masculine. I had a friend up in the french part of canada that would get the giggles anytime I called her dude. “You’re like a surfer when you talk I love you”

Good times.

But yeah.

22 Likes

Excuse you. I’m a dud.

Get it right. My gosh!

8 Likes

That’s like when I played Mario Kart as a kid and unlocked Toadette after playing Toad for so long.

I had no idea people actually cared to be called dudette instead lol

1 Like

Thanks duuudde.

I agree dude is genderless. I use it on everyone.

7 Likes

Dude isn’t a gender, everyone and everything is a dude. That guy over there is dude, that girl over here is dude, my car is dude, my cat is dude, the weather is dude. Dude works for everything and everyone.

38 Likes

Me? I know who I am. I’m a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

9 Likes

My son says to me at the start of every conversation “dude, blah blah.”
I’m his mother. Dude is genderless, yes.

13 Likes

Dude, you want to queue up for a dude my dude?

6 Likes

I assume everyone’s a male until I hear otherwise over discord, and then its not always certain.

3 Likes

Both dude and bruh lol

1 Like

Meanwhile a legit conversation I had once with my cousin

5 Likes

Just use the universal greeting of “what up my gnomies”, like I do.

6 Likes

I just address them with the pronoun that applies to their character, if it’s a male character, I use male pronouns, if it’s a female character, I use female pronouns. I don’t think I’m even capable of being PC. Sometimes old dogs really can’t learn new tricks.

Semper Fi! :us:

1 Like

Am I allowed to respond with “Semper Fi” in loving support even though I laze around in my basement all day playing this wonderful game?

1 Like

When I was 10 I had a friend in England that would come visit his Aunt in Georgia and go surfing, he’d come back home and would be all “dude this and dude that”, I thought is was so cool, I was super jelly.

I had family in the US too but hadn’t come over here yet but I still became a major fan of all things America, especially the dialect!

I was 12 when I came to visit and it took me 0 seconds to start using “dude”!

I do not surf, I tried, wasn’t pretty, but I love the beach life and the surf culture, and I especially love the word dude.

My mother is 70 and I call her dude all the time.

1 Like

What it has evolved into may be gender neutral now, but in the past was used towards males. Older, well manor men, usually dont call woman dudes.

2 Likes

How many Dudes Y’all slept with?

7 Likes

It is which is why I exclusively say bro, I reject the concept of women playing wow entirely.

1 Like