Dual spec please

You get about 5 or 6 of maybe 2 kinds of meat or fish per crate or barrel. Not much to sell even if you never use any yourself or never give any away. It won’t be enough to pay for even one respec a week with the prices on my server. I do the cooking quest and barely get enough golden darter to make fish sticks for + heals for my own use. But I guess you’re such a great hunter you never have to use the mudfish or warp flesh for the agility buff. I guess your guild, while being so hard core they’re going to require every raid member to have two raid specs, but they don’t care if you don’t bring agility or buff food to the raid.

You’re so full of bs it’s funny.

Apparently you aren’t if you don’t understand why others who have a different play style than you want dual spec.

We aren’t getting dual spec. The amount of time people have spent here on this forum arguing about it, they could easily afford to respec if they used that time in game.
Although it is quite funny that after all this time it’s still the same half a dozen people arguing about it. The sheer amount of time collectively you guys have spent arguing about dual spec is just insane.

3 Likes

One of the key features of WoW is that it has a lot of down time.

I farmed (and bought dirt cheap while everyone was leveling fishing) over 300 mudfish and stock piled it. Between keeping what I get from the dailies in terms of mudfish I’m still over 200. The supply has gone down, but keep in mind mudfish on the AH are far cheaper than fish sticks, and because I keep the cheaper ones to use and sell (or give depending on if a guildy asks for some) of the higher priced fish I make a good profit.

I could sell 1 fish stick for about 1g on my realm, a mudfish is about 30s per. So I could sell 1 fish, and get enough gold for 2 of my fish.

You don’t seem to understand basic math here.

Even if I only get 5 fish a day and they average 50s for selling them, that’s 35 fish a week that sell for about 17g. That’s not including what I fished up while doing the fishing daily, the raw gold gotten from doing the fishing and cooking daily, the chance at the vendor items from the fishing daily, and anything I gathered from mining, could, and kills while doing them.

Also, it’s not uncommon for me to find the crap fish on the AH being sold for less than what it sells to the vendor for after cooking it.

I don’t count those afk cooking (and bandages and other craftables) sessions that I buy craft and vendor as game time because I am afk during it.

I have bought 500 stacks of the garbage fish from the AH before cooked them and vendors them for a 50%+ profit before. I don’t count that afk crafting session as me playing the game.

I’ve done the same with bandages. If you see neatherweave for under 15s per on the AH you can buy them, turn them into heavy bandages and vendor then for 30s per (takes 2 cloth, so under 15s per is a profit) I have found them on the AH for 8s before, I win bids on them as well to do this.

Some gems, heck I find gear on the AH under their vendor value before.

2 weeks ago I bought a fist weapon on the AH for 5g. Sold to the vendor for 5g and 70ish silver.

I’ve bought the old spell tomes from that vendor for 1-10g for cheaper than AH value and vendored them.

Again, learn to use your time more efficiently, and I don’t confine sider my afk crafting time sessions as play time.

But afk crafting time is still time you have to be in the game and not doing something else.

If you got twice that you’d get 34 gold a week and didn’t use or give any away you’d get 34 gold

And you’re claiming you’re giving some away.

He’s lying and we proved it. So now he’s going to redefine what “play time” is. Most of us measure it from time logged in to time logged out. For him crafting, I guess time spent on the AH, running to the dungeon, any time not spent shooting an arrow isn’t play time. He’s the biggest bs-er on the forums.

3 Likes

Apparently time spent respeccing and farming gold also isn’t time spent playing the game since it magically just happens.

1 Like

But I’m not actively playing the game if I’m crafting 200 of an item and just go do something else IRL.

It comes down to what you considering playing the game.

No it doesn’t it comes down to how much /played time you clock per week.

1 Like

I told you how much I play the game per week, not how much /played time I get per week.

I don’t track my afk crafting times because I’m not actively playing.

If I went by /played time I would be between 15 and 20 hours a week on a slow week. But I’m not tracking that and don’t pay attention to it.

I told you the time frame of when I am actively playing the game, not logged in afk. Because that’s not playing the game.

Being logged in, and actively playing the game are two different things. I know this may be hard for you to understand, given your track record in past conversations.

Oh so you lied, got it.

Claiming you afk 10+ hours a week is also not a compelling argument.

1 Like

You’d have to be tracking it. If you log in a 6 and log out at 9 you’d have to have a note pad by your keyboard to know that you only “played” 2 hours because you crafted 1 hour and that doesn’t count as “play time.” To know you’re only “playing” 10 hours you’re keeping track of the time you spend crafting, and what every other time spent in game that you don’t consider “playing” the game. The game doesn’t keep track of it for you. Or you’re just lying about all of this.

1 Like

The other thing is, unless you’re botting, crafting still required routinely checking in and doing things.

2 Likes

Only every 10 min or so.

Easy enough to go do a chore, come back, sell whats been made, set up the next 200ish crafting, then go do another chore.most chores don’t take more than 10 minutes.

And I do spent a lot of afk time crafting, because I win bids on a lot of crap to craft.

Just tonight I put bids on over 2k neatherweave cloth, 400 uncooked food, and a lot of other stuff that if I win, will be crafted and vendored or just straight vebdored for a profit. TSM is an amazing AH addon once you figure it out and get everything set up.

Just now jumping into this thread, sorry…

I’m going to post soon in the CC Forum about having a PvP-Only Dual Spec added ASAP. It would only be active in PvP instances, and only changeable in capital cities to prevent abuse like changing talents at will against different arena comps. It’d certainly boost the amount of folks who PvP but are barred by the cost (and having to wait til you’re done raiding for the week,) myself included, and help bring life into the game when it sorely needs it.

That way we can prevent the swap-speccing for bosses like in WotLK and keep that as a ‘selling point’ for the next expansion as well. Ideal middle ground between full dual spec and single spec imo.

1 Like

Right so hardly just going afk.

Or do you consider 10 minutes a long time…

Gone for 10 minutes, back for one means I am playing 10% of the time I am doing the crafting. I don’t see that as actively playing as it has almost none of my focus.

Do you consider passive income as actively working to get income after you have it set up in real life when all you have to do is cash the check? Because based on your logic you are using right now, you consider that actively working.

I’m not against this middle ground of a pvp only spec, my main concern is blizzard will just go full dual spec as the lazy (cheaper) option to do as little work on it as possible.