Drust Invasion Points

The Drust are one of the coolest new races we have seen. I was generally unsatisfied with the Ardenweald Drust plot. If we had another Drust storyline where would be a good zone for it to be?

Personally I think it would be great if it happened in Gilneas or Val’Sharah.

4 Likes

Ashenvale. I want to see Night Elf druids go against Drust.

2 Likes

That would be cool and we know per the Night Fae storyline that some Drust did enter the Grove of Awakening portal, so they may have found a new home on Azeroth.

I am now picturing a three way war between the Night Elves, Drust, and the Botani.

For those that don’t remember or knew, the Botani also came into Azeroth when the AU Mag’har arrived. The Saberon and wild Goren arrived with them as well.

4 Likes

Tirisfal.

The plagued, blighted, diseased, largely dead lands of Tirisfal feel like they’d make such an ideal place for the Drust to call home. Who knows? Maybe they’d find the Forsaken to be quite comfortable neighbors.

1 Like

I’m going to have to vote no on the Botani. Anything from an alternative universe I am against. If they ever want to use races introduced in WoD, they should use their origin as Outland instead.

Well, as Gornur said there currently are Botani (among other races) on MU Azeroth now and the writers are clearly intending to do something with this and the Yrel plot, so it’s a bit late for that

2 Likes

Gilneas, Silverpine or really any of the still corrupted lands in Lordaeron would be nice. They fit the theme of those zones and would be a cool new “enemy” faction to have in that territory.

2 Likes

What would really be nice is if the Drust allied with the Forsaken. It could breathe some new life (well in a sense) to their race.

1 Like

I’m still mad that the whole witch/Drust plotline was used for the KulTirans when Gilneas always had this theme of monsters in the woods with witches. Like why give it to Kul Tirans??

So yes, I would love for Gilneas to get updated and if one of the enemies was the Drust, maybe trying to reestablish a foothold but now in Gilneas as it was deserted but the Gilneans are moving back into their kingdom. Blizzard could really hit home the idea of the Gilneans “becoming monsters to fight monsters” since many Gilneans are worgen.

Hell they could have some of the feral worgen that remain join up with the Drust and we have to deal with that issue as well.

2 Likes

tbf, Kul Tiras did start as a Gilnean colony.

2 Likes

I think that would be a good story and interaction in general. Maybe if the Drust became a problem for the Gilneans, the Kul Tirans or at least the Thornspeakers & Order of Embers showing up to help the Gilneans/Worgen fight them.

Kul Tiran & Gilnean interaction together has some interesting potential. Would be nice to learn more about that history and especially how the former colony got its independence.

2 Likes

Except that is never a point of interest in the story. We never see the Gilneans trying to connect with the Kul tirans or sharing in their ancestry together. Instead the Kul Tirans were just given everything that made Gilneans unique from Stormwind Humans.

This would be cool, that way we can maybe also get more lore on the Harvest Witches of Gilneas. They got done dirty. Blizzard just was like yeah they are a thing but didn’t go into any depth, meanwhile the Kul Tirans get full on fleshed out druids and lore based around them. It would be cool if Blizzard had the Thornspeakers come to meet with Harvest Witches and we find out more on the latter.

1 Like

That history would be a good point to introduce a human civil war which we don’t really hear about in any other human history as Arathor split up. The idea of Kul Tiras winning its independence in a war against the mother country would be a refreshing bit of human lore to add in.

In all my years of waiting for Kul Tiras to finally appear, i never imagined they’d have druids. Especially druids that were as unique and interesting as the Thornspeakers. The Harvest Witches in comparison really did get the short end of the stick though and that’s really a shame. Some interaction between the two would be interesting for sure.

This would be more of a gameplay thing but one thing i’ve always thought they should do for Worgen druids to make them unique is offer them the ability to fight in their Worgen form as Feral druids.

1 Like