Druid Tuning - April 10

Adress the pvp nerf, you specifically said you were not trying to impact pvp by all these feral changes yet you have gone ahead and done just that.

14 Likes

Hilarious. They better give us an official response on this to sign-off on their change of stance, unless it truly is ignorance which I’m just going to assume, it is.

2 Likes

“Slightly”

5% damage loss and not enough threat to notice.

Thanks for killing bears.

Really wish we could report blues for trolling.

6 Likes

@sanq - Last week you had a bullet point EXPLICITLY stating you did not want this to effect PVP. Can you please comment on why your team did a complete 180 on that?

15 Likes

Would love a response as well. Thanks.

If the purpose of the OOC buff was to generally increase feral damage and streamline PvE cat rotations, this second wave of changes further convolutes the rotation while punishing all other feral players. Somehow, this is the worst of both worlds.

10 Likes

This nerf is completely unnecessary. I question the companies reasoning as to how this buff was enough to warrant a nerf. Feral was not overpowered as a result. Feral damage was respectable but still upper middle of the pack while having a higher skill ceiling than most specs. Somehow blizzard is under the delusion that feral despite its limiting pure single target and niche damage profile must not be competitive with other higher performing specs. Any fight with target switching or with significant cleave, feral falls behind.

You would never see feral stacking like we are now with warlocks and rogues or with warriors later on and yet blizzard felt the need to nerf.

Questionable at best and quite disappointing a week after changes. Do better!

15 Likes

Here is a summary of the progression of hotfixes for feral druids:

1. remove clearcasting from a gift of the wild to eliminate “flower-weaving”
  2. add clearcasting to faerie fire to eliminate “bear-weaving”
  3. remove clearcasting from faerie fire on pvp targets to retain pvp balance, which keeps “bear-weaving” in pvp
  4. add clearcasting back to gift of the wild, which re-instates “flower-weaving”
  5. reduce all damage for feral dps, tanking, and pvp to offset pve dps increase
  6. increase threat while tanking to offset the damage loss in bear form

If the goal is to fix feral dps threat issues, let me remind you that this spell still exists but is unused because of how weak its effect is:

18 Likes

Are you seriously going to make this post without mentioning the huge pvp nerf?

8 Likes

hey sanq,
In your guy last post you mentioned not wanting to affect pvp at all with your changes. This one heavily affects pvp any way we can make it normal in pvp?

3 Likes

revert every changes you made #easyfix

3 Likes

Ignite munching when while you’re at it? Mages having to lag themselves to not lose upwards of 4-10% of their damage is unbelievable when a simple travel speed change for fireball could avoid it. It was mentioned in a community council post recently: [WotLK] Ignite munching - just change the projectile speeds of fire spells?

3 Likes

So what about pvp?

3 Likes

I understand that the Devs want to help the playerbase, stop class stacking and put players closer to power level in raid. BUT THIS HAS TO STOP. Changing spec in a phase, giving a class new tools and DPS and then taking it back and saying we are sorry really understand the changes here’s a nerf. That’s B.S. As a Dev the rule is don’t take away things for players, and now not only did you nerf bear, and PVP for druids. You reverted a change you as a team didn’t want in the first place. I don’t understand.

7 Likes

revert pvp nerf morons

9 Likes

It’s almost like they should of never catered to the crying rets in the first place and started this whole dumpster fire of class tuning.

9 Likes

Absolutely horrible choice. You just nerfed every non-raid PVE druid as well with this for no reason.

6 Likes

The classic developers are like the Rube Goldbergs of balance.
“Improve damage by 10%? Well that’s easy. We’ll just increase damage here by 30%. Then nerf it over here by 20%. Then divide total damage by the quotient of the air travel speed of an african swallow. Multiply by the average amount of rainfall in Uganda last week. Then multiple by the square root of Bobby Koticks paycheck and… voila! Balance!”

8 Likes

this is why you never should have made adjustments in the first place, now you are just flip flopping already.

10 Likes

hilarious, I knew the first comment here would be PvP??? Literally running this thing with interns.

7 Likes