Druid Tuning - April 10

This is garbage ferals still werent anywhere near top dps in terms of equal skill. Make up your dam minds blizzard.

10 Likes

Would rather you revert everything and go back to bearwaeving then have w/e this is. Also thanks for nerfing my cat in arenas with this well thought out change

9 Likes

So it would have been what, Thursday at the earliest before you would have realized you overshot the mark on the feral buffs? So you fully tested a nerf and two other changes over a holiday weekend in a day or two before deploying them?

Then communicated the changes AFTER deploying them?

Surely yall can see the problem here right? Right guys??

14 Likes

Blizzard, this April fools joke has missed the mark. It’s the 10th, not the 1st.

4 Likes

Thanks for the revert on GoTW. We are going to need all of the help we can get in ICC.

Also, revert all changes.

2 Likes

Guess this aged poorly…

33 Likes

Hi Blizzard. I would love for there to be more consideration to pvp changes with things like this. The PVP community are begging and pleading for balance changes to make the currently oppressive meta more enjoyable, none of which would alter anything of current feral druids. This will now nerf an already underrepresented spec.

This also proves you are capable of making changes that do impact pvp, so please consider a nerf to Unrelenting Assault from Warriors as well as a bug where Warriors can currently maintain Shield Wall with a 2-hander and continue to deal damage. Change sacred cleansing to feel less like we are in a TBC-era of pvp with RNG on magic debuffs vs holy paladins (who are also miles ahead the best healer in both pve and pvp content through all of wrath). Finally take a look at elemental shamans tool kit as currently earthbind roots do not DR with itself and has a 10 second CD on the totems.

There are many other changes that could be considered, but regardless either revert this change or start making more frequent changes to overtuned specs and abilities that impact pvp.

Thanks <3

8 Likes

this is golden

2 Likes

I am extremely disappointed these unnecessary changes lead to feral being nerfed in PvP (What about Warriors and Paladins!!!) in the middle of an arena season…

3 Likes

This change seems very shortsighted. Is there truly no other way to bring pve cat in line without nerfing PvP? Please consider reverting the naturalist and engage with Druid discord theorycrafters to come to a better conclusion than this. This showing has left me considering cancelling my sub because of your heavy handed changes.

5 Likes

Hey its me again, please view blizzard and save pvp!!!

Well… I appreciate your honesty.

#ScrewTaylor

13 Likes

I hope this is reverted today.

3 Likes

Adress the pvp nerf, you specifically said you were not trying to impact pvp by all these feral changes yet you have gone ahead and done just that.

14 Likes

Hilarious. They better give us an official response on this to sign-off on their change of stance, unless it truly is ignorance which I’m just going to assume, it is.

2 Likes

“Slightly”

5% damage loss and not enough threat to notice.

Thanks for killing bears.

Really wish we could report blues for trolling.

6 Likes

@sanq - Last week you had a bullet point EXPLICITLY stating you did not want this to effect PVP. Can you please comment on why your team did a complete 180 on that?

15 Likes

Would love a response as well. Thanks.

If the purpose of the OOC buff was to generally increase feral damage and streamline PvE cat rotations, this second wave of changes further convolutes the rotation while punishing all other feral players. Somehow, this is the worst of both worlds.

10 Likes

This nerf is completely unnecessary. I question the companies reasoning as to how this buff was enough to warrant a nerf. Feral was not overpowered as a result. Feral damage was respectable but still upper middle of the pack while having a higher skill ceiling than most specs. Somehow blizzard is under the delusion that feral despite its limiting pure single target and niche damage profile must not be competitive with other higher performing specs. Any fight with target switching or with significant cleave, feral falls behind.

You would never see feral stacking like we are now with warlocks and rogues or with warriors later on and yet blizzard felt the need to nerf.

Questionable at best and quite disappointing a week after changes. Do better!

15 Likes