Druid Keybind Help

So I had a lvl 50 druid from way back when that I started leveling (which i’m sure everyone has). Obviously i started leveling it for boomkin, but i also choose it because Boomkin and resto take the same stats as primary, and thought it’d be safe (since i’m used to healing). And now my big braid was like I can go guardian fro Fc, but i’m getting off topic here.

I’m struggling with keybinds. I use the following buttons (I move with wasd):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Q, E, R, F, G, C, Mouse Wheel Up, Mouse Wheel Down, Middle Button, Mouse Side button 1, and Mouse Side Button 2. Plus for in combat i use those plus those as with Shift, and ctrl. And out of combat i use Alt + those buttons.

The side buttons are my arena target buttons (party 1 & 2, & self, and enemy 1,2,3).

Here’s the dumb questions I have:
What do you keybinds your shapeshifting to (or would you in this scenerio)?

What spells do you have on your Cat Form, Bear Form, Travel Form, (I’m guessing Chicken and normal usually match).

I’m gearing this more towards PVP, so as a refernce.

Also is there any macros that are a must have that I may not find online typically? Like Cleanse self, part 1, and part 2, or focus clone?

Same keybinds since 2007ish

Base (balance affinity)
1=Cyclone
2=Regrowth
3=Moonfire
4=Sunfire
5=Starfire
6=Starsurge

HOTW Boomkin matches keybinds

Cat
1=Prowl
2=Regrowth
3=Rake
4=Brutal Slash
5=Shred
6=Ferocious Bite
7=Rip
9=Tiger’s Fury (I keep this here out of habit, probably better binds available)

Bear
1=Frenzied Regen
2=Ironfur
3=Mangle
4=Thrash
5=Swipe
6=Moonfire
7=Taunt
9=Intimidating Roar (same as TF)

Shift and Alt (doesn’t change between forms)
Q=Wild Charge
E=Thrash
Shift+E=Revive
Shift+R=Rebirth
Shift+T=Typhoon/Ursol’s Vortex in Resto affinity
Shift+V=Decurse
Shift+B=Soothe
Shift+1=Survival Instincts
Shift+2=Agi Potions, trinkets, other wildcards etc
Shift+3=Barkskin
Shift+4=Skullbash
Shift+5=Berserk
Shift+6=Convoke
Shift+Q=Hibernate

I also have a set of macro keys on my keyboard. These are mostly for raid and guild related macros, nothing performative.

That’s awesome. I’m going to take a look at this while I try to set up my druid. All the keybindings were really deterring me from wanting to play.

I’ve played a lot of alts and druid has one of the most, if not the most, amount of keybinds. I will be honest I don’t know how people heal without an add-on like vuhdo.

Can’t talk for arena, don’t do it much

On my druid I have all abilities that go with the shapeahift I’m in on thr main bar. Anything that stays the same no matter the form I have either on my mouse or bound to something on my keyboard.

I use a lot of shift modifiers and buttons around wsad. Q, e, z, x, f and then some of those have shift modifiers like q and e. Buttons on my mouse mapped to my numpad and then I just have those on skills. Going from shaman to druid I find I have more free keybinds

Not going to bother listing out all my bindings, but just give some general advice.

Try and have all your abilities bound to the same key, in every form, in every spec. Takes significant effort to do it efficiently but it will make you a much better player than having to remember 3 or 4 sets of binds, which change depending on forms. You’ll also make far fewer mistakes.

As for shifting, i just use F1 through F4, and have a mouse with those bound to side buttons. As convenient as the mouse is, i’m so good at using F1 though to F4 after playing druid on and off for 15yrs, that I just use those 95% of the time.

3 Likes

yeah shammy’s have a lot of keybinds, and i was able to eliminate some of my keybinds for my shammy w/ harm/help macros. But Druids just don’t have a ton of those that can be set up. really it was shapeshifting along with the change of keybinding there that just throws me.

Buy a 18 mouse buttons. I use 4 buttons shapeshifts using it. I have autorun, utilities spells on mouse buttons, cc, and shields on mouse buttons. The rest i use on key boards, i never use shift+ or ctrl+, take too long and i forget. I dont use aswd but i move one button to the right such as esdf so i have more buttons around my left hand.

Curious if you are skipping 8?

It’s maim sometimes but yeah usually. I take Maim off on fights where it’s irrelevant.

For shapeshifting I bind it to the “back” or “down” button on my mouse (Mouse Button 4) and use this macro which uses key modifiers to choose specific forms, as well as defaulting to the fastest form when no modifier is pressed.

#showtooltip
/use [mod:ctrl]Bear Form(Shapeshift);[mod:shift]Cat Form(Shapeshift);[spec:1,mod:alt]Moonkin Form;[mod:alt]Treant Form;[swimming]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[outdoors]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[indoors]Cat Form(Shapeshift)

As you can see, ctrl is bear form, shift is cat form, alt is treant form unless you’re in balance in which case alt is moonkin form.

For keybinds in general, I use F R C Q E G X 1 2 3 4 5 along with modifiers in macros for some keys such as F which uses the following in cat/feral form:

#showtooltip
/use [mod:ctrl]Convoke the Spirits;[mod:shift]Maim;Shred

For CC and such I use the following macro for the middle mouse button:

#showtooltip
/use [mod:shift]Entangling Roots;[mod:ctrl]Soothe;[mod:alt]Hibernate;[form:1]Growl;Cyclone

Hope that helps, any questions I’ll be happy to answer!

I use 1 through 7, Q, E, R, F, G, T, C, X, Z, mouse button 1 and 2, and i use shift+ all those except for no shift 6 or 7, or shift Z. I have big hands and those have always been more than enough keybinds for me. I never even learned ctrl binds.

Some macros I’ve found useful to help cut down on keybinds:

#showtooltip
/cast [combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Rebirth;[@mouseover,help,dead] [help,dead] Revive; [mod:shift,@focus,harm,nodead] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Cyclone

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/cast [noform:2] Cat Form
/cast [mod:shift] Cat Form
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/cast [stealth] Rake
/castsequence Shred

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player]Thorns; [@mouseover,help] [help] Thorns; [mod:shift,@focus][] Maim

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2]Rejuvenation; [@mouseover,harm] Moonfire; [@mouseover,help] [help] Rejuvenation; Moonfire

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player][mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2] Swiftmend; [nomod,form:2] Rip; [nomod,form:1] Maul; [@mouseover,help] [help] Swiftmend; Starsurge

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift]Thrash;[mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help] [help] Wild Growth;[stance:2]Swipe;[stance:1]Thrash; Starfire

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2] Lifebloom; [mod:shift,@focus,harm] [@mouseover,harm] Sunfire; [@mouseover,help] [help] Lifebloom; Sunfire

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help] [help] Regrowth;[stance:2]Rake;[stance:1]Mangle; Wrath

I have found these extremely helpful to not get too overwhelmed with binds. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This is awesome, and i’ll look at this tonight.

I ended up doing (just for shapeshifting) putting it on my mouse wheel. Ctrl+MB = travel, Ctrl+WU= Bear, Ctrl+WD=Cat, Shift+WD=Chicken,

Prowl is Ctrl+1, and Dash is Ctrl+2. My bear form moves/saves are in a bad spot, so I need to rework those.

I do the same. F1 - F3 is Bear, Cat, Travel. F4 is prowl macro with Shadowmeld. Same for EVERY spec. Same for the binds F5-F8,z,x,c,v,r,f

r,f are also the same binds not just for every spec for me, but also every pretty much every healing spec. F is always a cleanse, R is usually a personal damage cooldown or fade for my priest.

1 Like