Druid flight form in dragonflight

I cant find a actual answer idk if i just cant find it or there has been no answer to: in dragonflight we read that “all mounts cannot fly but dragonflight mounts”. will druids have to use that dragon as well? if so why? the whole point of druid is being a mount them self. why ride a mount when u are a mount.

4 Likes

Yes.

Because dragonriding is a theme of the expansion.

7 Likes

I feel like you might have missed a few lessons.

1 Like

If they pull another “the maw travel form” debacle then everyone will be druids just to not have to deal with the new borrowed power system

It was confirmed dragonriding as the only option at the start of the expansion but that normal flying and flying mounts would return later.

The goal is that dragonriding will be faster overall but require more involment and probably some world quests or bonus objectives; while traditional flying maintains being simple point a too b stuff.

At the time traditional flying is back druids will get flightform back same as with pathfinder.

1 Like

I am semi triggered by this. actually really triggered.

1 Like

Nobody with any sense thought Pathfinder was going away.

We’ll get flying later in the expansion like we have for the last eight years. This isn’t new.

Oh I read it as the only mounts that can fly, when flying is unlocked are the dragonflight mounts.

Nope. No reason to think that there will be any changes to normal mount use once they open it up. The only flying at launch will be with the Dragonriding system, which we haven’t seen a lot of so far. But it’s safe to assume that druids will have to fly on dragons to use it - even the Drac’thyr will have to use a full-sized dragon mount to get anything past the most basic level of it.

Since you couldn’t use flight form before Pathfinder was open in SL, I expect you’ll be in travel form unless riding the DF mounts.

Still pretty stupid they continue to find excuses and delays to drag their heels on flying. I’m debating skipping DF at launch until they commit on when we’ll actually get to use our mounts.

1 Like

They need to add a dragon form for druids.

25 Likes

That is definitely not the whole point of being a druid.

Though we once again get screwed out of our class hall “glyph.”

Why we didn’t get that Nature dragon as our class mount, I’ll never understand.

1 Like

I think it would be fun to have a mini druid questline to have dragon style flying in your flight form. They won’t do it I’m sure, but would be cool.

5 Likes

#showtooltip
/use [Dragonriding] Highland Drake
/use [flyable] Travel Form(Shapeshift)
/use [swimming] Travel Form(Shapeshift)
/use [noflyable] Travel Form(Shapeshift)
/script VehicleExit()
/dismount [mounted]

3 Likes

i agree or if not a dragon something that flies with the dragon flying mechanics

1 Like

I agree. The whole point of being a druid is the ABILITY to shapeshift into ANYTHING and that includes flight form.

5 Likes

Totally agree with the point. Druids main travel form is their own flight form. Now I can see Blizz’s view on this, druids would own dragonracing if they could use the same flight mechanics as dragons. They would be zooming all around like gnats! But not allowing a player to actually use a mechanic that is class specific is just plain wrong. They need to allow druid characters to actually fly, like they were meant to.

They’re currently working on updating all mounts (and I’d assume druid forms too) to accommodate both Classic flying and Dragonriding. I miss seeing thistlehawks and pterrordaxes

1 Like

Holy necro batman

I have become bored by the non-dynamic flying. I have 2 characters who can change into dragon forms a mage with a staff and well (I guess all my characters using the Sand Drake) … I want Druids to be able to fly using the dynamic flight but it doesnt stop there.