Druid Cat/Bear form Missing A Lot with unleveled weapons

When I use my staff which is leveled up I don’t miss near as much as when I switch to my 2hand Mace which IS NOT leveled up…

Weapon level doesn’t affect cat or bear form does it?

Anyone else having this issue or does weapon skill need to be maxed for Cat and Bear forms?

2 Likes

Level your weapon skill and it will help.

I’ll add it to the list. I think this is becoming more known as a bug. Please report it here

1 Like

My melee attack power is actually going up to. When i shift to bear it shows the same attack power as when I am in normal stance. Now that I am leveling my Maces its actually going up for Both normal and bear form…

2 Likes

This is incorrect. All druid skills are maxed when shifted.

Please add it to the list I’m busy atm I’ll edit my post later

1 Like

Thing is I have noticed when I level weapon skill as a druid. Attack power increases, misses a lot less. So yes level your weapon skills.

Yeah, that’s not the way it used to work iirc.

wasn’t like this in Vanilla.

I’m level 56, have 100 staff skill give or take, I have not experienced missing a crap ton that I wouldn’t normally feel I would miss. Sure you can get a string of misses as I only have 1% to hit. But I’ve always prided myself on the knowledge of solo leveling green quests and mobs due to increased downtime cause your hit , crit, and everything is just that much better against lower con mobs than even… No hit early game sux

Bug or not, druids should have to level weapon skill like any other melee, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Good thing nobody asks you.

3 Likes

No, it does not.

Druid forms use a hidden weapon skill called “Feral Combat” that is always maxed for your level.

To me, it seems like Bear form misses a lot regardless of weapon skill level, Cat form seems fine…

Nope.

/10ch

Cat/bear do seem to be missing an abnormal amount. Yesterday I missed 5 finishers in a row against an even level mob, and similar streaks aren’t uncommon. Don’t even want to get into how many stealthed back-attacks I miss – at least 40%.

4 Likes

Oh my God I just noticed this on my druid. My staff skill is really low for my level now and I oticed my dos shaprly dropping. When I leveled my staff, my dps in cat corm went way up. It’s ddfinitely a bug since you’re supposed to have maxed weapon skills when shifted.

1 Like

Then they should level automatically when we have them equipped for our melee attacks, just like everyone else.

2 Likes

Attack power is not affected by weapon skill.

Are you looking at “Attack Rating” instead of “Attack Power”?

(My experience as a Classic druid does not back this up, btw. I’ve leveled up weapons as a shaman and that is a TON of misses if you’re even a little behind. Meanwhile my druid weapon skill is 10+ levels behind and doesn’t miss any more than normal. I suspect you’re just not used to Classic miss rates for mobs that are equal or higher level than you.)

False. Stop spreading misinformation

1 Like

Idk, I just level my weapons by habit so I haven’t noticed anything. Is this normal? Was this in Vanilla? I don’t really recall.