Drowning in Keybinds

As a shadow priest I am running out of keybinds for off-support utilities, I’m running out of places to put things.

For example

Shadowmend
Self shift button 4
Party1 cntrl button 4
Party 2 alt button 4

Pw shield
Self Shift button 5
Party 1 cntrl button 5
Party 2 alt button 5

And so on…

I have no space for remaining binds. Lol

You should do mouseover macros for support imo. 1 button per spell, put mouse over person (portrait or toon) press button → BAM done.

Can do that for Purify, Shadowmend, PW:S and Leap of faith

Example:
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Shadowmend

It can also be done offensively if you want by using “harm” instead of “help”.

I believe this should work too if you want to clear another spell from your keybinds:
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Purify
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Dispel Magic

It will basically do a purify if your mouse is over an ally and Dispel Magic if your mouse is over an enemy.

1 Like

Is this reactive enough for like split second action needed? I’m 80% sure you are right in this scenario otherwise I’m bombarding myself with binds.

Does this work if I mouse over players frames or portraits ???

Use the Clique addon to bind mouse clicks for supportive abilities. I find that i react faster by clicking when i need to quickly remove a debuff from myself or heal. Also a pretty beneficial addon for playing disc, since you can seperate dps and healing abilities bound to keyboard and mouse.

I don’t play Shadow frequently but have bindings for it setup… I use a lot of mouseover macros for spells I can use on party members, and even some of my DoT’s are mouseover. You are able to mouseover enemy nameplates and hit a DoT keybind and it will cast the DoT on them. — My Shadow Word: Pain is ‘Shift-Mousewheel Up’ which is a fairly easy and quick keybind to hit for me… so I just flick over nameplates & DoT up. SW: Death is ‘CTRL-Mousewheel Up’, same concept. I even have a Focus SW: Death Macro keybound to the top DPI Sensitivity button below the mousewheel (Razer Naga) for the times I need to quickly use it against per say a Shaman using Hex, Mage using Polymorph, or a Paladin using Repentance… to break the CC.
PW: Shield - keybound to ‘5’, with mouseover macro for it.
Shadowmend is ‘8’ - mouseover as well… and it’s nice because when I swap to Holy spec it transitions to Flash Heal, so it saves Macro space. Try it!
IDK. Just some examples. Mess with your keyboard & see what buttons you are easily able to press. It’s all personal preference really.!

Yes, it will work over frames & portraits. Even nameplates. Raid Frames are great to use. EasyFrames to increase size and look of Unit Frames is nice, but not needed… and if you PvP you can even mouseover sArena frames, or Gladius frames… even default arena frames. Anything associated with a player frame is able to be used with mouseover I believe.

everyone knows the professionals all use targeting macros rather than cast macros for their party

sub to my twitch for 4.99 and I will help you achieve greatness (shadow priest myself with about 10 keybinds because the class sucks)