Dragonriding Is A Terrible Idea

I think it’s fine. I got mine in normal. The drop chance seems pretty low, last few weeks we’ve had 0 drops of it in our normal kills. It just gets boring seeing same style mount day after day after day…like I miss my massive cat collection of mounts → I say give a 550% flying to old mounts and let us use them if we want to

1 Like

I like Dragonflying, and im sure it gets better, but while leveling its pretty dumb and feels more like bunny hoping and im wondering why my Dragon is such a fatty

They really like being a bad parent, taking away something from you, and teaching(x) forcing(√) you how they want you to play the game.

It would be great if they just didn’t have the vigor. The very essence and style of the dragon flying is fine it’s the vigor that is very limiting when you start out.

Yeah and you cant even fly on the Tangled Dreamweaver that came with the expansion.

1 Like

There is too much vigor there should be a max of 3 charges and 15 minutes to recharge them. It is being exploited too much.

go play dark souls if you want a challenge

it would literally be impossible to get the scalecracker peak glyph if that was the case i used all 4 of my vigor and went up 3 feet. Feels like gravity increases the higher you go which is opposite of realism and i find that funny.

1 Like

Laughs in chad Dragonriding at the virgin swimming in air.

if youre running out of vigor you just dont know how to dragonride.

its a you problem.

go watch a youtube video and learn how

Honestly you just need to git gud.

No, you didn’t. Stop lying.

1 Like

Are any of you who are having difficulty with dragonriding not using Jump to flap? I never run out of vigor so it’s hard for me to determine what you’re NOT doing to make dragonflying an effortless swim through the air.

1 Like

Wow, the OP got a lot of likes do people really not like drag–

Ah. Carry on.

I’ll take ‘Things That Never Happened’ for 200, Alex.

1 Like

What’s funny is that there’s one group saying they like Chocolate ice cream, and that Vanilla ice cream is bad.

And there’s another group, loudly opposed to the Chocolate loving group, who would prefer Vanilla ice cream.

And then there’s a small minority of the Chocolate ice cream group who thinks having Vanilla ice cream available to those who want it would somehow destroy Chocolate ice cream forever.

What’s even sillier is that a year ago there were people who didn’t want Ice cream at all, and were making up stories like “ice cream ruins my immersion!” or “I think ice cream should be locked behind pathfinder!” or “I like abstaining from ice cream and walking from city to city on nothing but a scuffed slow moving frozen yoghurt sundae”

What if we just chose to live in a better world where we could all enjoy the flavor of ice cream we wanted, and even the weirdos who want frozen yoghurt can enjoy their slow treat of choice?

3 Likes

And that is why wow has failed and lost its popularity because Blizzard wants us to play their way. Screw Blizzard I am done. Already deleted the game off my PC. I could careless what they do going forward I am busy playing new games looking for something that is you know Fun.

2 Likes

After having finally decided to jump into the new expansion after having many years off and doing the story I have not experienced I have to say that dragonflying is a massive step backwards as a “main” way to fly. I have played Guild Wars 2 for many years and severely HATE its flying mounts as “main” ways to fly and that game does not have me having to sit on the ground for 1/10th as long regenerating flipping vigor just to be able to fly poorly again.

implementing limitations for specific aspects of gameplay is one thing, but making it the main way to fly is not an improvement. I am already finding the new zones far less fun and am not enjoying the new expansion at all because of this major drawback. They could have used this as a new way to play parts of the game, making it so you can only kill specific mobs while mounted with them, can only collect the glyphs, take part in rallies and challenges while riding them and could have used it as a way to introduce a new type of battles while on them.

But as a main (read only) way to fly its horrible and odds are will be enough to not make me stay once I complete all the story I have missed. Its totally unfun. And to those making crazy statements like “Why would you want to fly slower somewhere you can get to in 10 seconds on these”…because, I can fly ANYWHERE slower 100% of the time, compared to fewer places faster some of the times with no downtime in between or limitations ever present. You cannot expect everyone to enjoy losing a system in place for over 10 years to one that is limited just because of a speed boost.

3 Likes

dragon riding is continued punishment for the subscriber revolt in warlords when they tried to get rid of flying all together, they had to bring it back but they added multiple faction reps required to unlock it. why blizz hates flying i do not know. the DR mechanic is a bad flt sim, trying to say going from a simple interface to a needlessly complex one is good engineering is ludicrus. DR is dash and crash, ok for racing if you want to do it but not for the magical fun of REAL FLYING

2 Likes

this is usually the types of things people say that make me not take these topics seriously.

You aren’t losing anything, regular flying is unlockable in the half-way point of the expansion when zone exploration is no longer needed.

in fact you can soon toggle which style of flying you prefer which seems like a win in my book.