[Dragonrest] RP Discord!

Built out of an old magical warehouse, the Dragonrest Tavern opened its doors shy of two weeks before the finish of the Fourth War. Filled with a strange staff and and even stranger barkeep, it’s already built a quiet yet infamous reputation for the obscure and strange. A calm and persuasive atmosphere fills this rather spacious tavern, as if a magical aura falls over the premises to keep the peace.

Home to a large kitchen and bar, it also provides a great handful of rooms. Stocked with ale and food, perhaps Dragonrest has caught your character’s fancy. If not for the services it provides, potentially the interesting dragon inspired décor has. So come on down, stay a while. If the dragons can sleep here, so can you.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Although there is already quite a few server discords for Wyrmrest Accord, none of them seem to particularly actually open up the doors for a more In Character experience. Perhaps you haven’t the time or passion anymore to log into World of Warcraft, and do honestly miss the days when you could RP with your friends. Maybe you simply are awake at odd hours due to work or other circumstances, meaning you miss out on peak RP hours! You could be missing out on RP just out of the fact you can’t find a guild.

Though Dragonrest can’t fix all of your RP woes, it potentially might just be the thing you’re looking for. Acting as both an RP helper as well as a place to RP in, this discord seeks to inspire a sort of out of game community that seems to have been missing for quite some time.

[OOC]

Dragonrest’s out of character section is a place for discussion, character promotion, and networking. If you want to post art, writing, or anything else that supports your RP, here’s the place for it! If you need help on headcanons or characters, there’s even a workshop to help pound those ideas out!

[IC]

Dragonrest’s RP sections are split in two. Dragonrest itself houses a general RP section that is home to many general locations, as well as the Dragonrest Tavern listed above. This is so that roleplayers might find a place to put their character out there for the server to see, as well as have long lasting RP that many can join up on. A casual vibe, if you catch my meaning.

But, there is also the specialized RP section. With time, the list of Dungeon Masters and Moderators shall grow. From this growth, special campaigns might begin within that section. Whether or not this campaign requires an alternate discord or can be housed within a channel, it shall be placed within this section.

Otherwise, the LFRP feature can allow people to find each other. Whether or not this feature is used for guild recruitment, one on one RP, or to find each other in game… it exists! It is also an opt in feature, so not all players are privy to the pings that might go through this channel.

[Closing]

Whether or not you have come to stay for long, come on down to Dragonrest. We hope to build a safe community for out of game roleplay and collaboration for all who come. Try to have fun while you stay!

Here’s the link!
(Since I can’t post links, here’s the end of it.)
RAv8HyR

7 Likes

I do suppose it was an odd time to drop something like this! Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Oh hey. Bumping my own post. That’s illegal!

Dragonrest has already seen some activity! Our moderation staff already has one member, but I’m always looking for some more! Thanks for checking in, if you have!

1 Like

While I have not entered this discord, I commend the concept. It is always pleasant to see people putting in effort for the community-at-large, especially for express in-character purposes. Two skeletal thumbs up to you.

1 Like

Best of luck!

1 Like

holidays… they are days…

Hi, hi! I’m hoping to drop a hook for rp that I hope will be interesting very soon! Thank you to those who have already joined up, and let’s hope Dragonrest sees some strong activity in this brand new decade.

Though I do want to keep the moderation team small, I’m still seeking potential moderators as the server grows. Baenura is the only one currently.