Dragonflight warlock talent trees

I disagree 100%, they have reworked warlock so many times that it doesn’t feel anything like it originally did, they might as well just keep doing it till they get it right. Just make warlock how it was in MoP/WoD and make small changes from there vs reworks

7 Likes

Yes, I did. When I did one for PVP boomkin it really left me wanting.

Depends on the spec, but yes actually, like Affliction should definitely have a full on rework for its shard spenders. It should have better talents, ones that promote DoT damage, DoT mechanics, DoT things and be more about either filler damage, filler channels and DoT damage.

The other direction they could go with it is having two distinct tree paths of: one side being DoT damage, the other side being direct damage. Direct damage ends in Malefic Rapture, DoT damage ends in Rapid Contagion. That’s quite literally the best way I could see for them to make the spec. I don’t think there needs to be much more than that, really.

Demo could be reworked, too, for DF and have different pathways. One could be about the Imp Mother fantasy of Imp Army. Another could be sacrificing your demons to buff yourself. A third pathway could be Getting much bigger demons, instead, or they could even have a 4th pathway of something akin to: “You could have 3 pets out at the same time” kinda deal as perma pets, along with doing any of those, too. I mean, Demonology is all about the demons so yeah sky is the limit there.

Destro I could see a rework but not a big rework, just more tweaks I guess and having a Chaos and a Fire tree to go down and explore.

5 Likes

In every single case, bar Shaman, classes are losing baseline features with the re-introduction of trees.

For trees to work, reworks are required, as classes have evolved in ways that have veered away from a design ethos that trees would have accommodated.

It is quite literally now a square peg round hole situation.

This is a fact. It’s not a matte of opinion.

Warlock plays like crap now compared to WoD and that says something.

Lock is definitely not fun to play in its current iteration.

1 Like

Warlocks have a really good skeleton right now, best course of action would be to look back at previous iterations of the specs and their abilities, and see what could flow with what we have now.

Good example would be replacing Decon with TKC, reverting FnB back, things of that nature.

Destruction is a degen one button spec and has been for years. Chaos bolt is way too much of the specs power budget and its just not fun (subjectively of course).

Demonology is in a similiar boat where decon takes up all of its power budget

No one likes affliction being based around rupture instead of dots

They need to really get a grip on what this class should play like and im hoping warlocks are being shown last because they are still working this aspect out.

7 Likes

return to purity of mop locks for al specs

7 Likes

I think they need to focus on the gameplay theme of warlocks, overwhelming sustained damage.

Right now affliction burst damage is actually quite disgusting, and its just not how it is supposed to be.

3 Likes

I said “rework the class from it’s core”. Meaning, bringing it back to what makes a warlock a warlock. Meaning, reintroducing spells and abilities that made them unique and strong in the first place.

Mop warlock really was the best iteration of the class in this game.

4 Likes

I enjoy the summoner spec demo turned into during Legion but ill still welcome the return of old demo with demon form. The demonhunter is melee and nothing like what warlock demon form was. Hell even their immolation aura visually looks bad. Warlocks hellfire and immo aura with green fire was amazing.

4 Likes

Since DH current Meta and the old MoP-WoD Warlock meta are so functionally different, there really shouldn’t be an issue so long as the name and the aesthetic are altered. Something like a Gul’dan hulk-out i guess with empowered casting.

3 Likes

keep the old model, maybe add a female one becasue why not, then just rename it to demonic visage. Inner demon. or something. i didnt care for the roided guldan

4 Likes

I just have a feeling Blizz wouldnt want to re-emplement a lower-res model and have it overlap with the Illidan-esque aesthetic that DHs have.

2 Likes

Anyone who think meta is coming back after being removed from the game for 6 years deliberatly to design demon hunters around is on the strongest copium I’ve ever seen.

Its gone, its done its not coming back. Gladiator warrior is gone. Ranged survival is gone. Combat rogue is gone. Meta demo is gone. Just accept it

3 Likes

Warlock meta is coming back, right alongside 2h enhancement.

1 Like

People also said classic wow would never happen.

1 Like

You can still equip a 2hander. Kek

The meta model for dh looks nothing like the old demon form from wotlk

1 Like