Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

Timing is part of the difficulty. The removal of the time removes most of the difficulty.

It’s not that deep bro. Common DH L

With the changes to the difficulty in Mythic + Dungeons going forward in season 4, will that make the Legion BOP (Balance of Power) Skin where you need to complete a +15 dungeon impossible and or harder to obtain?
Should they change the requirements to a +10 or +5 instead for those who have not gotten the skin before?
As far as I understand, Mythic +10 will be the same difficulty as a +15 or +20.

1 Like

Thinking I play DH is the L here, you can take it back :joy:

You can now run the equivalent of an M+10 (and get champion track gear) without a timer

Continuing the discussion from Mythic+ Dungeon Improvements Coming in Dragonflight Season 4:

Well, there’s an impact, you’re talking from your point of view which involves BIS items, there’s guilds that acquired not BIS but high ilvl from M+ due to their spam reward format and then destroy their current raiding difficulty.

I still would like to see a more deterministic approach like Dinar system from Fate Shadowlands season…In that I can agree with your statement but you need to consider the impact of the M+ reward system without considering the BIS gear.

Always has been. Loot lockouts and time gating shouldn’t exist in a subscription game.

This is a really good start to improving the M+ scene.

Uhhhhh nah lmfao.

What about Timewalking and Timewalking vendor ilvl?

Ah yeah lmao

You really have to question yourself if you’re struggling with a M+ 5-9 in the current season.

1 Like

I mean, a lot of people are really bad at WoW.

2 Likes

Y’all got a ton of tuning to do to entice me to come back for s4, tbh. I don’t think keys need to be as easy as they were in s3, but they damn well need to closer to that than they do to s1. Its a weird dichotomy with Dragonflight…I really enjoyed the leveling, I really enjoyed the overall story, but this is the first expansion I’ve played where I disliked almost every dungeon.

The changes to the overall system and how m+ functions are great…but this dungeon pool is going to be booty water. As it stands, I am not at all looking forward to s4. >.>

1 Like

Guess i can give it a try.

The 5 mans in DF are atrocious. Hope they re-hire the people that did BFA 5 mans so we can get some quality content moving forward. DF is WoD 2.0, don’t care what anyone says, it is a completely sterile expansion with no content.

1 Like

here is my question is this to prepare our ilvl for tww? does anyone know what the tww ilvl will start with 500, 509 510 ??? is our gear going to carry over yes or no ?

because if we have to replace our gear all over again then what is the point in continuing dragon flight… we can just wait for tww to launch and start there.

If you don’t care about playing the game for fun, they usually have a gear catch up at the end of each expansion. Just return for that.

Normal at max level should be heroic.

Heroic should just be M0. And repeatable.

Echoing several sentiments here that I also agree with and adding a few of my own.

Good:

• “Squeezing” and a distinct difference between Mythic and M+
  • Making M0 accessible to more players

Bad:

• M0 is not queueable. It really needs to be. This is by far the single biggest obstacle to most people not playing mythic dungeons.
  • M0 on a weekly lockout is garbage.
  • M0 should only drop veteran gear

Concerns and Compromises:
If M0 was made queueable, it will be a loot pinata, yes. At worst a daily lockout is enough to control this, and even that perhaps is too harsh.

The Upgrade Track is Too Confusing:
Having M0 dungeons not dropping veteran gear is just silly. Unless you want to completely re-design your loot system again, it should follow a very simple track of:

Dungeons:
Level 1: Explorer (beginner quest, WQs, and vendors) (1 to 4 out of 8 upgrade levels) →
Level 2: Explorer (Normal) (5-8) →
Level 3: Adventurer (Heroic) (1-8) →
Level 4: Veteran (M0) (1-8) →
Level 5: Champion (M+1-M+5) →
Level 6: Hero (M+6-M+10) →
Level 7: Myth (M+10+)

Raids
Skipping straight to level 4: Veteran. If you can queue to M0 and get veteran, you can queue for LFR and get veteran.
Level 4: Veteran (LFR)
Level 5: Champion (Normal)
Level 6: Hero (Heroic)
Level 7: Myth (Mythic)

PvP
Should start at veteran (scales to Veteran in Warmode and PvP instances). Basic PvP gear without warmode on would be Adventurer.
Level 4: Veteran (Honor vendors & bloody token vendors)
Level 5: Champion (upgradable honor and token bought)
Level 6: Hero (from Conquest)
Level 7: Mythic (with rating requirements)

World Quests and World Events
Level 4: Veteran from WQs
Level 5: Champion from World Events (would massively increase participation and these events are substantially tougher to solo)

Upgrade ranks
Make every piece of gear upgradable from Explorer to Myth. The same cost each time, but it gets exponentially more expensive to upgrade with whatever universal currency.
Explorer to Adventurer: costs 1 currency
Adventurer to Veteran: +2 currency
Veteran to Champion: +5 currency
Champion to Hero: +25 currency
Hero to Myth: +100 currency

Re-designing the Upgrade Track (suggestions):

• Cut everything by half across the board. Each rank is only 4 upgrade levels. This would also substantially decrease item-level bloat.
  • Make all loot in a specific bracket of 10 levels, with an upgrade rank of 5, instead of the current 4.
    ** e.g. Veteran is item level 460-470. A 460 piece could be upgraded 4 times with flightstones, and then the big currency upgrade to level 470 to make it Champion gear from level 468. (This also cuts down on item level bloat.)
    **This also means every season could be +50 item levels (assuming last season’s Myth becomes next season’s Explorer’s). That’s only +200 ilvl per expansion

I know this was really long and thank you reading it to the end.

tl;dr:
Make M0 queueable, remove weekly lockout, make upgrade track system less nebulous.