Dragonflight Progession Overhaul

Dude, did you read what I said? I didn’t say the game isn’t about obtaining loot. I said the game didn’t used to literally drown you in useless loot to the point they had to create a damn salvage machine in the faction capitals last expansion. It’s absolutely absurd. The quests even award too much gear but that’s been the case since cataclysms

I have been keeping an eye out and not seen anything further.

Yes, they needed to put in the following options:
a) Explorer- original xp for each expansion (for those that want to experience all the content)
b) Defender- xp for lvl 10 to lvl 50 is divided up per expansion (for those that want to experience an expansion in full)
c) Conqueror- present quick system (for those who want to barrel thru to endgame)

1 Like

The impression I got from reading the Blizz preview on crafting in Dragonflight is crafting will no longer be of much use for personal power.

The only ones who will actually use it to make stuff are elite crafters with tons of time on their hands.

The vast majority of players probably won’t touch crafting at all except to place work orders. There really won’t be any room for second-rate or third-rate crafters, much less amateur crafters who took the progression for personal power.

Probably a lot of crafters today will become ex-crafters. It may be more useful to dump crafting and just take 2 gathering professions.

You basically just explained the shadowlands system…. LOL

1 Like

lol… good point.

From the link from Sorelai the perception the devs have provided of what they are making is NOT what we are anticipating it to be. I really hope as Blizzard continues developing this that it becomes the system Blizzard is trying to create and not the one we think it will be.

I guess thats why I was thinking some of the things I was. Bigger picture for professions than just Dragonflight I suppose. Not in the cards then for the most part.

I only touch professions for transmog I haven’t collected yet so there is that.