(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

My initial thoughts for disc is that it will see improvement in M+ from the atonement/damage/mana buffs alone.

But we will see how the baseline spec plays out. Looking at Blizzards track record they will make everything be useless without the talents and then the talents will bring us in line with how we currently are.

1 Like

Dude disc is lookin like its gonna be very fun next expac, man i cant wait.

3 Likes

I’m still kind of disappointed that they’re shoving Holy Nova onto both Disc & Holy and not giving them the option to get Mind Sear.

Also what is up with Holy Word Life? You literally SWD yourself if your target isn’t below 20% hp. I would rather see them replace that with Fae Guardians or even Boon of the Ascended.

Shadow can also pick Renew and Holy Nova which has me scratching my head.

Holy being able to take Shadow Mend + Flash Heal/Heal is opening up a can of worms as well when you have healers with two schools to kick.

3 Likes

Yeah I just took a look at the calculator and I am actually quite excited for Disc in a M+ environment. We will have to see how balancing plays out. It’s still way too early to jump to any conclusions.

My reaction to Disc: “They can’t keep getting away with this!”

:sob:

3 Likes

Disc cannot and will not ever go back to MoP disc. The best thing they can do for us is give us more options to increase our damage and atonement healing and give us other options to heal that is not through atonement which is what they have done here.

Hey its pretty much going too be better then disc now. Right now disc is very restricted.
Only way it really wont be is if they reduce disc overall dmg. I doo think they might nerf their raid healing though, some of these look crazy for raid.

I’d really like to see the WoD talent that replaced Mind Flay with Mind Spike come back in 10.0. I was very disappointed to see no sign of it in the preliminary tree reveal. That playstyle was the only time I really enjoyed playing Shadow on my Priest.

2 Likes

Didn’t priest have a spell in mop that switched health pools with the target as a O sh- kinda spell, holy word life seems to fit that archetype while also having a way to remove the downside. I’m guessing thats the intended use for it, mostly for pvp or really heavy tank damage fights.

Oh and I see we have another expansion of being forced to use Searing Nightmares too.

This is a bleeping joke.

12 Likes

I’m perplexed by the amount of “increase your effectiveness” while you are either “shielded” or “above ~90% hp” talents. It is when we are low on HP or effective HP (by our shields being depleted) that these “increase your effectiveness when” talents would be most useful.

None of those talents make any sense imo. Priest shields are entirely too small and fall off way too easily for these talents to be considered even in the slightest. The only time I’m selecting them is if I have to in order to move to the next tier of talents.

I liked everything on Shadow’s tree but was bummed to see searing nightmare and a bunch of bonuses tied to Mind Flay, having to fish for dark thoughts was annoying enough and the devs agreed about this a couple of months ago, so fast forward now they added 3 or 5 more passive talents tied behind mind flaying proccing ? makes no sense.

Aside from this everything looks great for Shadow

3 Likes

You can’t really be sure of that.
We still don’t have the correct numbers.

PoH might be op, same as Flash heal might have a big buff. Like anything could happen.

For M+ I’m seeing a lot of buffs to Holy fire and smite. We can also have Domination mind as another form of cc. Twin of the sun priestess is also another amazing tool.
For M+ we can even spec into Shadowflame prism for mindbender dmg doing cleave dmg.
The possibilites are a lot, I really want to try them and test them.

Empyreal blaze as a 30s cd looks strong if we buff our holy fire.

I’m happy with the changes, idk if they are strong or weak but it’s something different and I like learning new stuff instead of keeping the same gameplay.

Man if you are a shadow priest who loves to maximize your healing as much as possible, you are going to have some really crazy options between both the shadow tree and the main priest tree. It’s gonna be some whacky self-sustain and group support.

3 Likes

Interesting to see they brought back Binding Heal as that spell has either been mandatory or completely dead. Should probably just convert it to the talent that currently exists in game.

2 Likes

I’m not ok with Blizzard thinking Lightwell is an appropriate deep talent option in the Holy Tree.

7 Likes

Do people like Azerite beam for shadow?

Why? Have you tested it?

1 Like

Obviously not, but I don’t want it anywhere near the bottom of the talent tree. If they wanted to bring back this cursed talent, it should have been an early in the tree. It has no business being a bottom option. Especially when Flash Concentration would have been way more impactful.

5 Likes