(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

I dunno… I think it would be cool to have shadowfiend grant 2-3 orbs while mindbender grants one per hit.

Having a chance for something on a cooldown feels bad. So more uptime but less powerful sounds better.

Regarding Mindgames, I think it would be a great ability to use for situational use. Remove the damage component and make it instant cast.

Void Shift is to swap health with a friendly.

Mindgames I think would be better suited to swap damage/healing profiles on an enemy.

Maybe even make the swapping of damage/healing either last longer or do more damage/healing swap than what was initially done. Perhaps a choice talent to choose between the 2 effects.

There’s too much of this on the game and it is hurting PvP. Hence why I said it is healthier if that damage is distributed.

1 Like

Shadowfiend granting 3 shadows is definitely another option to balance puppet master.

Something like this would be great:

1-2-1
Door of Shadows - Key to Darkness - Freed from the Real/Friends in Dark Places

Door of Shadows
1 min cd
1.5 sec cast

Key to Darkness
Reduces cast time by 50/100%

Friends in Dark Places
Gain an additional charge but door of shadows can only be used to teleport to an ally’s side.

Freed from the Real
Door of shadows removes all root and snares.

2 Likes

Yes I can see that. I was thinking about how often you have a spec that uses the most similar times as you, since there is a bit of a setup. Live I think we use 5 gcds before PI. Of course I don’t play with a lot of specs to know this. Though in my fantasy I’d love dual Spriest I won’t deny. Like an old couple of insane grandparents.

Now with lights inspiration is about 40% health increase right?! I believe that’s 28%ish DR

And I believe Angel’s Mercy will be good to reduce DP CD too. I don’t now about numbers, but I’ll test later on how much it does.

True, but most of the times single hits are the problems (PVE). If anything will hit more than once, usually you have time to recover. As Spriest we have dispersion too and VE, as healers, well, we heal.

150%, it is minimal. FH is 206% and SM was 352%.

As a PvE Spriest, Mindgames is a bloat without interacting with our kit, but is too powerful for holy and disc…

2 Likes

Looks like after next week it’s going to be the final update to the class trees before they move away towards tuning and bug fixing. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-class-design-progress/1346916

3 Likes

Oh boy… guess I’ll load up the warlock

5 Likes

And we just got some good chunks of feedback for disc on the beta feeback thread… :expressionless:

That’s what happens when they don’t work in the class for over a month.

4 Likes

Yup pretty disappointed reading that post. Its giving SL Alpha /beta all over agian. Incomplete builds just for the sake of making their deadlines.

Guess this is going to be another one of those expacs.
Just look at Balance druid, this week will be their first and last Talent Rework LMAO RIP>

8 Likes

I hope they got something good, because ain’t nobody got time for feedback now

2 Likes

Lets not forget being told major changes were coming later on in BFA that never happened. This class is cursed. I’m quite content with the monk trees on beta so far so jumping ship to that. Good luck in 11.0

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve already considered Evoker main for now.
Warlocks and Priest haven’t scream main for me yet. The same goes for Balance druids.

And I don’t see them screaming this for me.
So right now I’m viewing them as my main ALT. At this rate, none will end up making this ether. Might just get Shaman ele/resto as main alt. (especially since their changes are way way better than ours)

Pretty much the first expac that Priest, warlock, or druid isn’t my main lmao in any degree or form.

1 Like

I actually think healing priests are in a pretty great state to move towards tuning, especially with their proposed changes to Disc’s talent placement. :person_shrugging: Shadowmend is like the one really terrible sticking point.

But I haven’t had much time to mess with shadow at all, so it could be as cursed as you guys think.

4 Likes

From my perspective, it means they have just one update to convince me to play dragonflight. Those idols better be impressive…

5 Likes

Dont get me started with Idols.
Im still annoyed on Devour plagues current state lol

Keep in mind - moving to tuning phase means modifying numbers. There’s still room for making something like DP hit way harder, or making idols proc more often/do more damage.

All this means is they’re not planning on making any big new talents or giant changes to talent position/etc after the next patch.

If you hate the current set of talents, yeah you’re probably going to hate it. But if the reason you hate the tree is because a certain talent doesn’t do enough so you’re forced down another path… well that absolutely COULD change, especially post-raid testing.

If SL raid testing was anything to go by, there’s gonna be some wild balance shifts across the classes. Some huge nerfs, some huge buffs, a lot in-between.

4 Likes

We’ll, I hate the talents because the idols are all non-interactive. It’s not the fact that they’re all bugged and dealing lacklustre damage. If all we get for the idols is tuning and they ship with their current functionality I am not going to be pleased.

1 Like

Im giving no benefit of the doubt. Some classes have gotten so many reworks almost every week (hunters) while others ignored for like forever SP / Druid. Bad decision period.

4 Likes

also empirical evidence suggests we get the short stick again.

Mass dispel mana issue(and no discourse on rank 2 bug/intended??), mind blast scaling dmg, flash heal scaling(rip Shadow mend) for shadow priests.

No VT dispel protection(affliction its ok but us no? why? wording and intention on this would be appreciated), and being forced into either wall or interrupt for pve content is horrible design, never mind the fact we still have 4 nodes of utility for shot that’s baseline class spec for other dps.

Also throwing away 4 talent points (arguably the cooldown reduction on desperate prayer could be useful…im grasping) to get PWL to get an oh shot healing button feels incredibly bad.

Remove holy nova and it’s buff node, THAT is the button bloat that needs to be removed.
(sorry to that one guy that uses nova to scout for stealthies on flag caps in rbgs)

So hopefully these things are addressed but there’s so much that needs communication from or upon… I am realistically expectant for next week, which means Despairge.

Another multi-dollar company move from blizz.

1 Like