Dragonflight Hotfixes - July 22

All this does is punish people like me who quested the first few days and reward the people who exploited frogs.

Are you guys serious? I’m just gonna buy the mounts and quit remix. Y’all are so tone deaf and want to punish people who don’t exploit and let those who exploit keep their ill gotten gains.

Not cool.

Not to mention you didn’t fix any of the scaling issues at 70 where level 70s are doing 1/10th of the damage of a level 20 and mechanics that are supposed to do negligible damage are doing millions and one shotting 70s.

6 Likes

You sure didn’t. Tanked as a level 67 druid and still getting 1-shot.

Please actually fix this before you say it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Sha-skin Regalia is still bugged. Not only can you not preview the chestpiece because of them being marked as cosmetic instead of cloth, It’s not even the correct one with 3D assets that warlocks got in MoP, but the weird no sleeves one (only referring to the LFR version). Trying to use this set on my shadow priest and didnt even get the chestpiece.

So “cool” you are spending resources “fixing” this temporary diversion, meanwhile the actual core game we literally pay for is still bug ridden…Dont mess up Warbands messing around with this silly FOMO MOP stuff, repriotitize and do 11.0 right

“Dragonflight Hotfixes”

-_-

2 Likes

May 22, 2024

Non-Player Characters

• Doc Nanners in Valdrakken will again offer players “A Cataloger’s Paradise” upon reaching Renown 8 with the Dragonscale Expedition.

WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria

• Added clarity to the quest “The Great Water Hunt” to speak with Mudmug before gathering water.
  • Nostwin now sells Glyph of Shadow for Priests.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the quest “Where are My Reinforcements?” from proceeding as expected.
  • Improved the respawn rate and treasure from rares and rare elites across Pandaria.
  • Increased the amount of bronze and raised the drop chance for threads of time from airborne bronze.
  • Fixed an issue where players who faction-changed could not use the group finder for dungeons and scenarios.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the quest “Riding the Skies” from granting the appropriate Cloud Serpent mount.
  • Fixed an issue causing Wise Mari in the Temple of the Jade Serpent to not spawn Corrupt Living Water as intended.
  • Hutia was out of control in the Jade Forest, and has been convinced to relax a bit and stop hitting so hard.
1 Like

Even ignoring the fact you are blatantly ignoring feedback about the frog farmers, the lack of retroactive achievement rewards, and the upgrade cost of gear.

How on earth are we a week into this and you STILL haven’t fixed raid boss unavoidable damage doing 25+ Million damage? Seriously?

Groups are having to avoid letting the blue beam even touch the fog beast on Durumu in Normal+ because just it appearing causes an instant raid wipe. Part of the entire raid mechanic is uncovering the fog beasts, and this causes a single person making a mistake (which isn’t even a mistake - it’s THE INTENDED RAID MECHANIC) wiping the raid because of scaling issues.

Dark Animus is just messed up in every regard and pretty much REQUIRES a frog exploiter to clear.

The lightning lance on the quilen fight does 30+ Million damage and is unavoidable.

There are HUNDREDS more of examples and y’all are trying to ignore it and actually blamed us in previous patch notes saying we just aren’t using stamina gems. Newsflash, even with stamina gems, 30 million damage is still a one shot.

Here is an example:

Note the chat log. I took 43 million damage from the stormcloud. The spear landed on me so the first tick of the stormcloud was unavoidable damage for me.

2 Likes

Ouch! That’s gotta hurt. Glad the issue is fixed, though.
Same goes for Wise Mari.

It isn’t - is my point.

They haven’t even acknowledged the scaling issues causing things like this. The only acknowledgement we got was a pot shot in the hotfix notes telling us to use stamina gems.

That’s cute, who thought sniping the players with that was a good idea? We know Stamina increases hit points, doesn’t matter when the minimum damage received is several times higher than our maximum effective hit points.

3 Likes

I’m looking at Nostwin’s goods right now on a shadow priest alt and the whelpling NPC is not showing Glyph of Shadow among them.

Now all you have to do if you want the mount you already did the quest and rep for, is to do the quest chain and rep all over again on a new character! YAY!

May 28, 2024

Player versus Player

• Priest
    • Thoughtsteal can no longer be canceled.
    • Thoughtsteal no longer causes the casting Priest to learn a spell they already know (example: a Shadow Priest stealing Vampiric Touch from another Shadow Priest). The target of the Thoughtsteal still loses access to the stolen ability.
    • Developers’ notes: These changes resolve an issue where Priests could lose access to existing abilities after casting Thoughtsteal.

Quests

• Verdisa did not realize she was sitting on an important location for the quest “Forget Her Not” and has moved a few feet away.

WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria

• On Friday, May 24, the following changes were deployed:
    • There are now three new quests that grant Bronze to player-characters upon reaching levels 50, 60, and 70.
    • The new quests are only available to player-characters who did not kill many Gulp Frogs during the first three days of the event.
    • Player-characters who killed many Gulp Frogs during the first days of the event have been modified. The power of their Cloak of Infinite Potential was reduced to an amount that a very engaged player could reasonably achieve.
2 Likes

And yet these players are still miles ahead of anyone that played the game normally because they maxed out their gear, which should have been reverted more than the cloak since that’s where most of the power comes from once it’s epics.

And anyone that played normally STILL hasn’t had achievement thread rewards rewarded retroactively while these people now have the ability to get those as well.

3 Likes

What a terrible statement to make, perhaps looking at a large scale of data makes you feel like this is correct.

But from and individual point of view, having spent like 1-2 hours on frogs and a good 20+ hours gaming through the following days. This has been the most unmotivating change I’ve seen. Since the “MODIFICATION” last week I’d had 0 desire to continue to grind remix.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way… just go read the comments on wowhead.

4 Likes

Explain to me why my 30 minutes on the island resulted in me not getting the coins, but my friends who killed THOUSANDS of frogs over 4 hours got their bronze reward?

4 Likes

Stop lying and change your statement to anyone who even touched froggs. I myself farmed frogs for 1h just before the nerf, i didnt get insanely overpower at all and barely tagged any with how much groups were doing it, but ok i got microscopic advantage be mad about it its fine. But i had a friend who went to farm frogs as a warr, every group rejected him and he triend to farm alone for half an hour, he got so little mobs tagged he would be x10 times better off doing quests for that time, but he too is labled frog farmer and no bronze quest.

4 Likes

Reposting what we already know instead of adjusting bronze upgrade costs?

Peak laziness.

1 Like

Because if you were online enough to turbo farm frogs you were probably online enough to do the quest before you logged out.

Since for some reason the flag making you ineligible for the quest could only apply if you went offline

I see you guys finally fixed Thoughtsteal. Better late than never ~