Dragonflight Graphics

Has anyone else been having issues with their graphics messing up or it like tabs out then back kinda like a reboot?
At times there’s colored squares on the ground or skies and some cloaks are green.

And this is a new graphics card i’m using too. Every other game I play has no issues and runs more than WoW does.

2 Likes

Yeah, Missingno came to WoW lol.

1 Like

The graphics on a 3070 still gets stutters occasionally. Is it my CPU?

The worst i had was in the pre patch, loaded into orgrimmar and the floor was black with brown grass.
fixed itself after i restarted the game, no other glitches after that.

Idk you tell me

2 Likes

I get stutters quite regularly as well. They’re rather minor; like .5-1 second tops, and don’t impact my ability to play properly (aside from maybe the once or twice in a dragon riding race where I got a stutter right as I was coming up to a turn and instead slam into a wall). They’re there just enough for me to say “yeah I see you, stutter.”

I had that issue before. Now, it seems I have resolved it.

Nvidia has new drivers. Install them.

Then the GE Force Experience recommends the Optimal Settings for World of WarCraft. I just chose Optimize. And my problems are gone.

My settings where I had problems is far from the Optimized Settings even if my Rig is buffed.

BTW, I moved to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So far so good.

2 Likes

Giant thread about game stutters here if you wanna add your voice, It’s not a windows or driver issue, it’s a blizzard issue. It doesnt happen in any other game.

1 Like

This doesn’t preclude it being a driver issue. If anything, it makes me think it’s a driver issue even more.

1 Like

While that is true, All this started happening with the prepatch. They did something and its something to due with optimization of CPU tasks within the game. Spikes are happening and its whats’ more than likely causing stuttering. Turning off sounds eleviates it for some, reduces it for some, and doesn’t for others.

This is too wide spread to be a driver issue, as it’s across all sorts of tech from the latest, to a few generations old.

2 Likes

Been having this issue since launch as well; toggling graphics card from the card to auto detect will “refresh” my game and make it go away, but only temporarily, and performance especially in valdrakken has been horrible. Randomly, my game will freeze up for a few seconds, which is not fun during raid.

3070 ti, no issues before, nor in other games.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten some scrambled textures a few times since DF launched. I doubt it’s my hardware.

2 Likes

I was having some serious graphical issues…but I FINALLY figured out it was my video card being overclocked was causing instability with the game (and literally nothing else, lol).
Once I turned off the OC it hasnt messed up once.

Optimization is part of the last major patch.

Iv been fine im using 2080

Im on a RTX 3070 and every now and then I get artifacted textures, game reboot fixes it, not sure what the problem is there.

1 Like

This thread makes me think it’s the higher end cards causing issues.

I have 1660Ti and my game is not having these problems. The only issue is I sometimes get minor moments of stutter lag in the main city, usually when joining a group for a M+

I did one quest thats a yugioh homage. The tower you “play” in I swear made it feel like I was gonna have a stroke. I can’t put it to words. It was like my lock and demons model had their shadows and model duplicated but the duplicate model was a blank / white version.

This helped me. I couldn’t understand why one pc was working and the other wasn’t. It was driving me nuts. IDK what everyone else is talking about and merging issues but I appreciate you responding. Thank you.