Dragonflight Allied Races MEGATHREAD!

Druid flight form, or something akin to it. The lore would support transformation into the plains eagles; call it spirit form or what have you.

I’d rather a new creative and unique race over worrying about them being unable to use regular mounts. I think there would be an even split of people who wouldn’t play them due to the mount situation, and people who would because they like the race and don’t mind their lack of being able to mount.

Unfortunately unlikely to happen regardless, but it’s nice to think about!

(They could always give us the Grovetenders instead as a middle ground. Just saying! :dracthyr_love_animated: )

2 Likes

Wrong.

Gnolls are confirmed alliance race with reformed villain hogger as their leader and in 5 xpac time he will be crown high king of the whole alliance

The gnolls seem generally evil I don’t think the horde (trying to bridge peace with alliance and vice versa) would want them in the ranks.

Centaur could easily be given “Plains Running” for ground and a wings attached to their bodies as a flight form like they have done with store mounts imo.

Yeah, but what about cinematics where your riding mounts, or sitting on the front of a carriage, etc etc.

It’s not a problem that’s IMPOSSIBLE to get around, but just one that begs why you would tackle it when there are other options that don’t entail that problem.

That would looks gross as hell

I still think Keepers and Daughters would make great druid forms for balance as an alternate to the boomkin. More variety of forms to pick from would be good.

Eh, Vrykul are giants and should totally be playable. Just use the height from the Faintly Glowing Flagon of Mead toy. It works fine and is still plenty tall. I’d love to play one.
Djaradin could be the same way.

1 Like

I throw in for Maruuk! So cool!

What? Lol why would that look gross? Lmao it doesnt look gross now, Worgen & H. Mountain Tauren look gross? The ground store mounts with wings slapped on the shoulders look gross? Heck “Invincible” mount looks gross?? Lmao

Maruuk Centaur should be mounts, not a playable race

Because part of having a successfully unboring MMO is to try and kerp pushing the boundaries on your game imo. One of those ways is adding new races with differing looks to the roster. Four armed melee and caster Naga would look dope asf (Horde), as well as Armored Tank centaur cavalry characters.

Add these beefy bois for sure

And these as well

2 Likes

Oh I’m not at all disagreeing with you.

But look at it from a Blizz Dev point of view:
Given the choice between, lets say Ogres or Daughters of Cenarius.

Art guy comes in and says Ogres are good to go, but if we want to do Daughters they have to make a separate edit for a whole bunch of stuff because it was designed for bipeds.

Not just things like chairs, but things like parachuting and swimming have to be edited too. Also the model’s length becoming an issue with minigames and collision detection.

Now again these are all solvable problems.
And I think it would be interesting as heck to be a quadraped.
(Racial resistance to knockdowns? Act as a mount? could be fun)

But if you could choose between having to solve them and devote the time and resources to doing that, or just throwing in something like Ogres that are already more or less done and don’t have that issue, it’s pretty clear that the simpler solution is probably the correct one.

1 Like

Half joking ofc. Not gross but weirdly out of place a Centaur with wings? lol

Tarasek becoming playable would be hilarious if only to see the salt from the worgen tail crowd over a tailed race that uses the male worgen rig being added first.

I would love to see Naga.

They could have a badass swimming racial and an underwater capitol city.

2 Likes

Tuskarr, Tuskarr have to playable sometime during this expansion.

I will go wherever Tuskarr go, Horde or Alliance just make it happen.

2 Likes

Everyone’s loving Tuskarr but I’m really hoping for playable Gnolls. Preferably, on Horde or neutral.

The quests they’re involved in just ooze personality and it would nice to find a tribe of these wild, fun loving, maniac hunters that decide that we are friends not meat.

I support this.

Yeah they could decide to be lazy, like before but then another MMO comes along and kicks your behind in character creation design awards, 2 that absolutely stomps WoW in that is ALLODS & FFXIV. The undead race and mini furry race in ALLODS would still stand above Forsaken & Vulpera.

Most ppl really play FF14 for the visuals, so WoW has some work to do imo, if your not going to polish up the existing races, (which also takes work) then push the envelope of character creation with new ones that challenge the standard, a Naga Fury warrior multi armed with a transmoggable one hnder weapon in each hand?? Naga hunter with a bow? Naga multi armed spellcasters? with tmoggable off handers and wands in each hand for visuals (not functioning beyond the norm lol) A centaur warrior/paladin tank armored out with a huge shield looking heavy calvary elite types? Centaur Hunters?

I think we should have the same races in our garrisons we have as minions, we should have quests thru our garrisons to unlock them as playable races as well. Then it would take out having to work out the lore aspect of it. AND make the whole “garrisons” side of the game more viable