Dragonfligh - Give us door of shadows

I know a few a us already mentioned this, but I’d like to elaborate a bit more on the topic at hand…

While this ability fits priest thematically, it also covers for a weakness that the class has had persistently for a while in not having any burst movement abilities and just having movement speed upgrades.

Body and soul doesn’t cover for as many use cases with shield having a cd now. Combined with feathers seems a bit clunky in my opinion and allows for constant movement increase on the priest (which I feel is a bit strong even with the “chunkiness”)

Phantasm should work with doors of shadow as well, fade already has an added DR effect if talented into it + it’s original effect, adding another effect with the snare reduction seems a bit too much for the same ability… Since doors of shadow has a cast time, phatasm could also work with roots maybe (Like it did with Nadja conduit)

This could work with void tendrils too, much like, again, Nadja conduit “Nimble Step”

Since you guys don’t seem to want to give us Vault of the Heavens, I feel this would create great interations with the toolkit while giving us the so desired movement burst.

Thoughts?

7 Likes

Reposting this here because it is relevant to this thread.

1-2-1
Door of Shadows - Key to Darkness - Freed from the Real/Friends in Dark Places

Door of Shadows
1 minute cd
1.5 sec cast

Key to Darkness
Reduces cast time by 50/100%

Friends in Dark Places
Grants an additional charge but Door of Shadows can only be used to teleport to an ally’s side

Freed from the Real
Door of Shadows removes all roots and snares.

6 Likes

I agree with this suggestion. I’d rather have it than body and soul now, as you said, due to the cool down. I think it adds some nice flavor

3 Likes

Or maybe they could restore the WoTLK version of Body & Soul in keeping with all this Classic-inspired design: make it 60% movement buff for 4 seconds and allow us to cure poisons.

That would actually make Body & Soul feel impactful and well worth the point and the CD on shield would still make it more nerfed than it was back then.

7 Likes

I agree but i also think we are leting blizz off too easily too. They dont want to give us vault cause it will be taken… um that means its worth taking so give it to us. as well as life grip

5 Likes

Sure, I’d take any

The class tree is a bit too heavy on the holy side so that’d give a couple nodes shadow side.

But either options are fine by me!

2 Likes

I love Body & Soul. I seen others complain about the loss of utility from Body & Soul with power word shield. especially IN PVP. To my dismay, it feel on it fell on deaf ears or even got push back from some in the community. Mainly from people that only raid or PVE. I still dont know why the blizz can’t do something like they did with holy pallys. Have the Disc tree paths be able to play ramp up style or shield & damage mitigation. Would help in a long way to fix problems between raid and PVP M+

3 Likes

People say that like it’s simple… and that doesn’t fix m+ vs raid. Which the current tree seems to adress better imo

That’s why’ they make the big money. Right? Its time for players to stop taking excuses. Xpac after Xpac. It does fix a lot of the problems IN PVP. You can put on the cheerleader outfit all you like. imo

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ten chars