Dragonbane Keep - why isn't it fixed yet?

I show see the horn, I fly there. The horn disappears on my way, I get there. The NPCs are here saying I shown up at a good time…but then nothing?

I think it started before I got here, but the event is instanced, you can’t show up even a second late or you miss it. And they happen every 2 hours! This events are honestly the WORSE part of the aiding the accord quest. Can you just remove the stupid events and just make it a rep thing? Up it to 4000 rep. This is just stupid that I struggle week after week to get my quest done due to these stupid timers!

7 Likes

Have you tried… showing up before the timer instead of after?

Look on Wowhead if you need an updated timer.

1 Like

I try but I have real life going on all the time. Meaning I watch a clock and try to make it, but it’s near impossible!!! And when I am playing waiting for an event, I can’t get into dungeons or anything because they take various amounts of time. This system just makes you get here early and stare at your screen doing nothing. It’s dumb.

4 Likes

If you can make time after, why can’t you shift it 10 minutes earlier and make it before?

Literally get there a few minutes early.

It’s really not a problem

2 Likes

Like I said, it’s hard when you are busy with real life. You know, kids, dogs, housework etc etc. It’s easy to lose track of time

The other events like soup/hunts etc are far more forgiving as you can join in after they start. Dragonbane keep is 100% the worst one.

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks. The horn on map shown in Valdrakken is different when you get to Waking Shores.

But I have a more precise method to know when the siege of Dragonbane Keep would start. Go to Wowhead dot com. Look for Dragonbane Keep schedule below. It also shows Feast and other schedules and they are all accurate.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s 100% accurate. For example this one was supposed to be 2PM EST but appeared to have started like a minute early.

1 Like

Perhaps do it when you’re not busy?

It’s every two hours. I refuse to believe you’re constantly busy to the point that you never have a chance to line up the timer.

2 Likes

Kinda sounds like it’s your fault then. You can arrive early. If you miss it, you miss it.

I just park my characters there (above the last fort) and log at “time + 4 minutes”.
You only need to be there when “Inferna the bound” is killed for completion + lootbox.
Easy as heck to get.

The only annoyance is the “every 2 hours thing”, which means I can only get 3 per day at most (At work during the rest), and I have 13 chars…

As for tracking, just check if it’s even hour (for me) and go. Not that hard.

2 Likes

There would be nothing wrong with giving credit entering late (but still active)

Nothing wrong with that at all

3 Likes

The only “free time” where I could make the timers, is during raiding hours. But then I am in the raid and therefore can’t do the event. During the day though yes I am busy all day. I get a few mins here and there, but to get a free minute right for the event is rough.

1 Like

I was actually wondering if we could feed all 50 slugs to buff or if it still stops at 49/50 fed to him.

I have yet to see him fed all 50, which makes me think it’s a bug.

1 Like

It’s accurate on me. And it’s not game-breaking if it started 1 min earlier. Not enough reason for me to whine.

1 Like

If it was like other events and you could join in at any point then yes, i’d agree, that would be easy. The issue is how it’s instanced meaning if you don’t get in when it very first starts you have to wait another 2 hours

2 Likes

That’s… not how it has ever worked for me.
I just log out there, and can get in at any time, even at the very end.

Even when I forget about it, going there from Valdrakken is only a 1 minute Dragonride.
It was never instanced for me.

1 Like

How? Because I have never figured out how to join 1 in progress

1 Like

wowhead timers are trash. not once have they ever been accurate. if i want to do the siege i just park a toon there and wait up to 2 hours because thats the only way to get this crap done. it needs a better in game timer and wowhead needs to fix that timer. i shouldnt have to sink this much time into doing 1 event. because of this i will only do the siege on 1 toon at the most and only once a week

2 Likes

I never managed NOT to.
I wonder if you’re just getting there after it’s over, because it IS over pretty fast, 3-8 minutes.

1 Like

Is it only bugged for some of us then? Because I have the same experience you do. If I’m in a different zone, the horn is there and has a timer counting down…but it is always a lie…as soon as I cross into Waking Shores the horn disappears.

The ONLY way I have gotten this done is checking Wowhead and setting an alarm on my phone for 5 minutes earlier…then be waiting at the start of the event when it finally occurs.

This makes it the worst of the community events, by far. Just fix the horn icon/timer and I would be much happier.

1 Like